Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

I turn edges all day at my job. I am aware of the technique ;)

everyone at my work says to use edge kote. but, that stuff always looks cheap and tacky. there must be a way.

we take drawings and sketches from designers and turn them into prototypes and create the working patterns. we also do small boutique high end hand bags and leather goods.

any word on the stuff you were talking to me about before?

I turn edges all day at my job. I am aware of the technique ;)

everyone at my work says to use edge kote. but, that stuff always looks cheap and tacky. there must be a way.

we take drawings and sketches from designers and turn them into prototypes and create the working patterns. we also do small boutique high end hand bags and leather goods.

Sounds cool. Really envious of such a job!

Hmm can't help on the edges there. Ive only read about folded in edges for non veg tanned leather. Actually aren't the edges for "italian style" items mostly turned in? Or is the italian style that i'm thinking different?

Anyway made this pouch several weeks ago. Handy for keeping loose change.

loosechangepouch1.png

loosechangepouchopen2.png

loosechangepouchopen.png

Vintage queen elizabeth one penny concho.

loosechangepouchconcho.png

Corter

No word yet on it, I will let you know. besides, I spent a long time trying to find this company on the net with no luck. I think they are nobodys with no originality with little money to even but it in to production.

Lazybum

your stuff is very impressive, you stitching is killer! and your edges are very clean. i have been meaning to ask to see the inside of the billfold you posted a week ago.

Yeah, most designs you see at stores and techniques are based of the Italian leather working style, turned edges included.

here is something different, I went to tandy with my girlfriend a few weeks ago. and she fell in love with one of the kit purses they had, and ask for me to make her one. I very rarely tool leather ( I find it tedious) but i hooked her up for Valentines day :)

5456505052_33b692203b_z.jpg

5456505076_facd9ec54c_z.jpg

Lazybum

your stuff is very impressive, you stitching is killer! and your edges are very clean. i have been meaning to ask to see the inside of the billfold you posted a week ago.

Thanks! The inside of the billfold was actually a bit of an embarrassment :o. At the time I didn't quite know how to make the stitching look neat on both sides when sewing thick pieces hence the stitching was quite messy on a section on the inside. The coin pouch of the wallet was also not very well designed. Heres a pic anyway

horseclassicwalletint.png[/img]

this question has probably been asked plenty of times, so sorry.. but what do you guys use to craft your leather? do you guys handsew everything or something?! and what do you guys use to carve everything? and last question, are there any places in the LA/OC area that sells leather bulk?

i kind of want to make some stuff for myself, seeing as i'm a picky person when it comes to leather goods.

Check out leatherworker.net and tandyleatherfactory.com - these are two very good resources that can help get you started. As for leather, I don't know about LA/OC area but you can purchase leather from https://www.siegelofca.com/ which is located in California as well. So shipping time may not be so bad. They offer free shipping over a certain amount of $ which is very easy to get to as this hobby isn't cheap :(

this question has probably been asked plenty of times, so sorry.. but what do you guys use to craft your leather? do you guys handsew everything or something?! and what do you guys use to carve everything? and last question, are there any places in the LA/OC area that sells leather bulk?

i kind of want to make some stuff for myself, seeing as i'm a picky person when it comes to leather goods.

Hard to post after the beautiful work on this page, here is my attempt at a wild child style wallet, been sitting on it for a month or so now, six cardholders and hidden compartments behind them, and one pocket for cash. Let me know what you guys think.

img1318h.jpg

Doesnt look as symmetrical now that it has been sat on for a month

img1314y.jpg

Should have dyed the inside as well but got lazy

img1290mu.jpg

Hollows, amazing work as always

Jaw, its really cool to watch you grow, your bags are gettting better and better, keep it up.

Just got all my new horween leather,the chromexel horsehide is a thing of beauty. starting to make stuff once again. Will post some pics soon of new stuff. Working on new designs and trying to simplify and thin my designs down.

Here are some things I made today. Please keep in mind I'm new so it's not the greatest, but I am open to suggestions and constructive criticism. I know the keeper is funky but I'm just playing with different things. Probably going to switch it to a simple leather keeper.

5476479619_a7611f61af.jpg

Here's one of the first bracelets I've made after 7-8 months of use.

5476493485_c620400964.jpg

I have other misc items, but those are all the photos that I have so far.

IMG_2104.JPG

Though it isn't leather... I thought it might be apt. Made these two iPhone 4 Covers for my girlfriend and I.

IMG_2535.JPG

IMG_4095.JPG

Evolution pictures, its been quite a few months...!

Are those raw selvedge denim? If not than they are not worthy. JK dude. Those are pretty damn cool. Good job!

Are those raw selvedge denim? If not than they are not worthy. JK dude. Those are pretty damn cool. Good job!

Thanks.! :D I'm pretty sure it isn't raw though.. Cause i snagged it off a Japanese dollar store.

I found two types of denim there. There was one really soft one, i suspect that it is washed.. And its the one i used...

The other one however... Its really stiff and there seems to be a white selvedge on the edge.... Not sure if it is but i kinda wiped them off the racks when i saw them.. :D Got a little too excited when i saw denim... HAHA.!

Will post some pictures of it to see if i can get some evaluation from some denim connoisseurs soon..!

Those Iphone cases are really cool, but I'm a little confused, how did you make the denim so rigid? Is it glued over a plastic hardcase?

Anyway, really nice, should be to watch evo.

Thanks.!:D

We had two old iPhone Cases that were pretty crappy, and the plastic coated cloth skin peeled off.

I saw two shells that fits an iPhone perfectly, i figured i shouldn't waste it huh..? So i epoxy those denim on..! :D

I'm guessing that there would be better ways to adhere them on so... Any suggestions welcomed..!