Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

Thanks!

There are many good leathercrafters here too :)

There is no exact standard of wat weight to use for wallet making. It depends on wat the crafter wants. When you want thicker wallets, or thicker leathers looks better, then use it and vice versa for thin leathers.

For me, personally, I'd use a variety of leathers for prototypes, 2/3oz - 7/8oz. For orders, it really depends.

i was just wondering because i'm making a wallet with 3/4 oz leather, but my card slots are a little snug. The cards fit, but it's a reallyy tight fit.

i was just wondering because i'm making a wallet with 3/4 oz leather, but my card slots are a little snug. The cards fit, but it's a reallyy tight fit.

Ah...maybe next time, you can try making it a little bigger for some allowance. But leathers will stretch after some 'exercises' or usage, so snugly fitting may turn out just fine :)

Ah...maybe next time, you can try making it a little bigger for some allowance. But leathers will stretch after some 'exercises' or usage, so snugly fitting may turn out just fine :)

haha yeah, i might next time. but i just really wanted as slim of a wallet as possible width wise :) so you're thinking i could stretch it out though? would shoving two cards per slot work out? (i currently have a card in each slot to stretch it out)

Hey everyone,

Made this pencil case/pouch a few days ago. Schools about to start and I wanted something to TRY and stay organized. I know its a little large for just pens/pencils but I figure the extra room will allow me to carry other small items instead of simply getting lost in the bottom of my bag.

The leather is probably 15+ years old, as I found my dads old bag of scraps when he bought it originally to make winter moc-boots. I know there are a few parts that could be cut cleaner to make it more 'finished' but it will serve its purpose well.

P1010323-1.jpg

P1010322-1.jpg

haha yeah, i might next time. but i just really wanted as slim of a wallet as possible width wise :) so you're thinking i could stretch it out though? would shoving two cards per slot work out? (i currently have a card in each slot to stretch it out)

Yeah, try it out. Exercise the slots by shoving/ pulling the cards out a few times, see if there is some looseness.

Hey everyone,

Made this pencil case/pouch a few days ago. Schools about to start and I wanted something to TRY and stay organized. I know its a little large for just pens/pencils but I figure the extra room will allow me to carry other small items instead of simply getting lost in the bottom of my bag.

The leather is probably 15+ years old, as I found my dads old bag of scraps when he bought it originally to make winter moc-boots. I know there are a few parts that could be cut cleaner to make it more 'finished' but it will serve its purpose well.

P1010323-1.jpg

P1010322-1.jpg

Nice leather combination :)

how would all of you leather creators recommend making a chain similar to this tfh one? really, i just don't know where to find the leather. thanks!

pic_01.jpg

how would all of you leather creators recommend making a chain similar to this tfh one? really, i just don't know where to find the leather. thanks!

leather used is normal soft lacing leathers, cut to size for braiding. however, you gotta really respect such braiding technique, it requires alot of focus to during the work.

you might want to learn and practice with gimp cord first, then use a thin leather lace and you should be good.
leather used is normal soft lacing leathers, cut to size for braiding. however, you gotta really respect such braiding technique, it requires alot of focus to during the work.

yeah, i'm going to have my sister or mom teach me how :cool: hahaha. but, is there somewhere online i can buy this kind of leather cord?