Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

Wowza.....That looks nice, full pics?

i'll post full pics in a couple days, i just finished it and want to get it sent out and let the owner see it first. it's a dyed/processed inside, not fabric, but it's something i've been fooling around with for a while that i've finally figured out.

thanks for the kind words guys :)

• 2 weeks later...

lanevo001Small.jpg

wallet on the right is a basic wallet I made for a guy in california. tanned it for him for a bit, colour is turning out real nice. wallet underneath it is a long wallet that I'm almost finished (just have to put a coin fastener on it, then sew that part up)

here's a new one:

2379918409_080d7b51e5.jpg

2379918419_83f98d6622.jpg

2379918423_073f115a3d.jpg

finally someone that didnt want black detailing! it's a mid w. a snap and 5 cardholders, brown and black layered dyes and glazes on the detail.

looks great!!

to me it seems like it is thinner than the normal snap wallets!?!

is it possible for you to make wallets not that big....

speaking of 0.75 inch instead of 1 icnh or something like that....maybe with the use of some thinner leather???

• 2 weeks later...
2400657598_5664058e40.jpg

no updates on this? I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to see more :P

hey guys really great stuff...

anyways is there any definitive guide for a begninner? like a total noob at this stuff. for taking care of leather, and then making leather goods? i searched on this thread a little and couldnt really find anything. i read the thread and picked up some info, but it really doesnt make mch sense to me.

im really looking for a way to take care of the leather and need the the knowledge of the tools and type of leather i should be using.

any help is really appreciated :D

oh, and...

2400657584_ba0dcae4fd.jpg

2400657594_31801df17c.jpg

a nice little bifold:

2491066085_6af5806169.jpg

2491066131_18bbb5eac8.jpg

and i'm almost done with my mom's new wallet (late birthday/mothers day gift), it's a bright purple long wallet which is her favorite color. i'll post pics when i'm done

amazing! not used to seeing the concho on the bottom of the wallet, but looks damn good...

• 2 weeks later...

props corter. being a fellow walletmaker, I can understand the patience you must have is amazing. How long does it take you to make each wallet, if you don't mind me asking? I lose track of time fast, it's seems like anywhere from 8-10 hours though

depends. I can usually do cardholders in like 1.5 hrs, bifolds and regular snap wallets in like 4-5, depending on how sidetracked i get watching tv or going online. some of the most complicated mids and long wallets have taken days, literally, just getting everything perfect, making multiples of things because i wasnt happy with em, and designing detailing in sketches, etc. i'd say average about 6-7 hours per piece, but it really varies.

post some of your stuff!