Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

Maybe it's time to start a leathercrafts thread of it's own, so it would be only about making stuff and let this thread get back to the evolution once things are actually finished?

I'd love to see more detail pics and description of the actual constructing of the pieces you guys are doing

I'm looking your way Corter, as you were the one who renewed interest in it.

I was waiting for someone to make one of these, seeing as how I haven't posted any new thing for awhile, I didn't think it would be me, but my favorite part of Evo of leather thread was seeing some lovely patinas without them being washed out to pages past with everyones new creations.

I actually really do enjoy how much everyone is getting into LC. It is better for the craft when people can actually recognize the time, work (and hand soreness) you've dedicated to your piece, not to mention difference in quality (not only in construction) but in raw materials as well.

And seeing as how this is the first post I guess I'd throw in a pic for good measure (a different direction in leathercraft/tooling from the Sexi04 contest).

th_IMG_1966copy.jpg

ps. thanks cotton duck for the quote.

dunkin deeznuts I think I just bought the same leatherworking book as you bought. A quick look through it and I can see it was definitely worth the money. Have you started making anything yet or are you still getting information and tips?

edit: optima, that patch on the dh denimz is a great idea, one of my favorites from the contest! good job on that one.

xposted from evo thread:

so my wallet is basically done, but i still need to decide what the fate of the loose threads is. here's some pics though:

DSCF1113.jpg

here's a close up of the wallet rein attachment. i couldn't find the right hardware, so i decided to go a different route and do something i haven't seen before.

DSCF1114.jpg

DSCF1115.jpg

for recipts, extra cards, etc...

DSCF1116.jpg

a simple noob's solution to the coin pocket:

DSCF1117.jpg

DSCF1118.jpg

i have oiled and tanned it since the pics, and i'm loving it. definitely stoked with it visually and functionally. if i did it again, i would make the card slots like 1/8"-1/4" wider as they fit tightly, but luckily leather stretches.

basically i have dane what i wanted to with my tools and leather, and as a classical guitarist, i need good healthy hands. this wrecked them a bit, but it was fun, and i'm on winter break, so it was no biggie. i will gladly continue making leather stuff, but if there is anyone interested in a "leather starter kit" (all the tools and leather remainder, which is enough for more wallets and such) hit me up. i'd be willing to sell everything as a set discounted from what i paid for it. just pm me, or ask me here and i will let you know what i have.

nice bifold corter, dibadiba, that belt is a bit too much ALD inspired ain't it, but nicely done...

wow...didnt know this thread existed...hard to break out of the "my supertalk" thread history sometimes.......

dunkin deeznuts I think I just bought the same leatherworking book as you bought. A quick look through it and I can see it was definitely worth the money. Have you started making anything yet or are you still getting information and tips?

I havent really had time to start anything...maybe this weekend........

I know it's been awhile since I put something out but I'd like to present my latest creations:

The Noir FHR (Flathead Repro) genuine kangaroo lace wallet reign and the prototype for the PKR2 (PKR short for Poker; in continuation with the harassment of womentypes by means of previously flicking & spanking) wallet. Definitely more to come.

CIMG1030.jpg

CIMG1046.jpg

DSC05607.jpgDSC05602.jpg

ps. I don't condone misogyny.

ps. I don't condone misogyny.

And I was just about to give rep...too bad.

kentheleet: thanks for the positive feedback! I'm not sure about selling quite yet. I might do an interest check first; maybe something in the supermarket or BC. Pm me if I didn't quite answer your question.

rome1: of course! I went a little dye crazy with these last two projects, it was my first experience in the sort.

corter: Thanks as always Corter. It is a standard box stitch, very simple, but very very time consuming. The graphic was a little experiment, I wouldn't normally sabotage a functioning wallet with some frivolous decal but in this case I'm rather interested in how it's going to turn out. Ever since Big E came down on other denim brands to remove arcs I wanted some substitute. Making wallets is fun and interesting for a lot of reasons, one of them being that wallets become one of the more prominent fades on a pair of jeans. With luck, the aforementioned graphic should help establish a specific and molded fade, the graphic seen was just my particular design but could be replaced with anything.

jcotteri: You are absolutely correct. Back in elementry school, lanyards(what we used to call them) were really big and is also where I learned to do the stitch in the first place. Very simple, but it takes forever. It is actually modeled after the Flathead wallet rein and the wallet is again modeled after the LC flicker2.