AYBAYBAY: CDG GORILLA STORES [singapore exclusive]

beast

Do u know theres any sale for CDG shirts? how much they selling?

50% off. By now most of the nicer CDG shirts would be gone. Think CDG Gorilla shop will be opened or is opened at Sophia Road. Hope they got an opening sale. They have past seasons CDG shirts there too.

6sb787o.jpg

"In conjunction with the Singapore Zoo's 35th anniversary, fashion designer Rei Kawakubo (Comme des Garçons) will design a series of limited edition t-shirts exclusive to the Gorilla Shop, an open concept store featuring zoo exhibits and anniversary memorabilia for purchase.

The t-shirts will feature an all-over gorilla print, all hand embroidered by Lesage. Sizes available from XL to XXXXL, and will retail for S$1,999."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COMME_des_GARCONS_x_Singapore_Zoo

50% off. By now most of the nicer CDG shirts would be gone. Think CDG Gorilla shop will be opened or is opened at Sophia Road. Hope they got an opening sale. They have past seasons CDG shirts there too.

Club 21 do have DH clothes but very few left come sale time.

I saw some of the shirts at the level 1 are they on the 50% off? i not sure how many design of CDG shirt they have but i mean was the PLAY CDG..

Btw, u mean the Guerilla Store izit opened? What brand do they carry?

I saw some of the shirts at the level 1 are they on the 50% off? i not sure how many design of CDG shirt they have but i mean was the PLAY CDG..

there's a reason they call it the CDG Guerilla store. what the fuck do you think they carry?

The PLAY shit is on the first floor. Think those you saw are new stuff and not on sale. Recall PLAY was on sale during sale. CDG have CDG shirts, CDG, Junya, collab with Speedo and Lacoste and Fred Perry etc etc.

The Gorilla store carries all CDG stuff including specially designed lines for Gorilla shop. Dont recall seeing PLAY there. Could be because they are popular for reasons unknown to me.

whatthefuck

it's called the Guerilla Store, not a Gorilla Shop.

I think you are unaware of the genesis of the Gorilla shop.

This arose out of Ms Kawakubo's adoration for a gorilla in the Japanese zoo, one whose name when translated means 'PLAY" (which is how the "PLAY" name came about).

As a result, a new store is born in the CDG family tree. The idea that the shop will move about and not have a steady abode is to mimic Play's habit in the zoo of hiding behind the rocks and trees.

If you noticed the special stuff the Gorilla shop carries, you would notice that the cDg logo from a distance actually is shaped like a gorilla ie. Play. Also, the fondness for zippers in shirts in the gorilla shop is the long standing joke that Play is so human like, he is actually a man in a gorilla suit with zippers.

"In commemoration of the Singapore Zoo's 35th anniversary, sources reveal that graffiti artist Kaws and Japanese streetwear legend Nigo (A Bathing Ape) will also be involved in the design project, in addition to Rei Kawakubo (COMME des GARCONS) and the Singapore Zoo's very own Ah Meng.

Apart from the limited edition hand-embroidered t-shirts, an exclusive, one-of-a-kind item will be put on auction throughout the entire celebration:

7x0dbn6.jpg

A classic COMME des GARCONS zipper wallet made with gorilla cordovan, hand-sewn by Kawakubo herself - Nigo will perform a live demonstration during the auction itself, silk-screening BAPE's signature gorilla head onto the delicate leather, and Kaws will lend a hand in painting the final touches. According to an event spokesperson, the gorilla cordovan was kindly donated by Nigo, after his recent decision to put his pet gorilla to sleep. The ten-year-old gorilla, commonly referred to by the Japanese as the beast, was suffering from old age and chronic brain disorder."

The PLAY shit is on the first floor. Think those you saw are new stuff and not on sale. Recall PLAY was on sale during sale. CDG have CDG shirts, CDG, Junya, collab with Speedo and Lacoste and Fred Perry etc etc.

The Gorilla store carries all CDG stuff including specially designed lines for Gorilla shop. Dont recall seeing PLAY there. Could be because they are popular for reasons unknown to me.

Yup..its on the first floor. The Gorilla shop u mean isit located at Block 113

Bukit Merah View?