Sign in to follow this  
edwin

Recommendations for well designed and moderately priced HOTELS in NYC

Any good tips on a fresh 50-100 dollar hotel located no further than a 30min walk to places like central park, empire state building of 5th avenue?? BTW how do tourists get around in NY, using bus, underground or cab??

Going to NY during early March and looking for a good hotel. Seems like 60 Thompson is pretty good according to this thread, but anybody have any info on the ones below? It's a long list but I'm just trying to weed some out:

Hudson

Maritime

Night

Gild Hall

Thompson LES

Dream

The Standard

The Royalton

Anybody stayed at any of these? Pros/cons?

Flying to NYC in June to see NIN & Jane's Addiction. Need somewhere cheap and CLEAN! between Penn Station and SoHo. 3 nights accommodation for around $220ish - is it achievable?

Most of the hostel reviews say they're crawling with bugs :( I don't mind being in a tiny room, but I want it to be clean!

ok, so my girl and i are going to NY in sept for 10 days to celebrate my 30th birthday, first time in ny for both of us.

we narrowed it down to these hotels

standard

thompson les

or hotel on rivington

anybody got experience from any of them?

Anyone have any experience with the Sohotel? It seems pretty cheap and nice. They haven't had a bed bug report online that I can find past 2009 but i am pretty cautious because I've been there and don't ever want to experience that again.