Hotels in San Francisco

willy p

im planning on going to san francisco on my honeymoon and im looking for a nice hotel on a small budget. i dont need anything comparable to the ritz, but i dont want to be slapping roaches off my girl all night.

ive checked out expedia, hotels.com, and all that jazz but i dont trust all those reviews cuz who knows if the hotel employees posted those or not.

ive also looked at the superfuture hotel guide thing and those hotels look nice but id rather pay a little less.

ive heard good things about 'c two' hotels, but was wondering if any of yall have stayed in one or heard anything else about them.

sooo let me hear it:

• 2 weeks later...

The Mosser is a nice hotel that is fairly cheap. The location is pretty good at Market and 4th Street.

I had a great corner room with windows taking up two of the walls. The rooms are decorated in a nice and simple Ikea aesthetic. I can't remember exactly, but the room cost me around $100-$130/night over the summer. The paperwork in the hotel said the room cost around $200/night.

They also have rooms with shared bathrooms at a cheaper price. Don't go for that.

my price range is ~$250/night and of course id love to go as far below that as possible because id rather have more spending money than pay for a hotel im gonna be in less than half the day if you get what im sayin.

right now i actually have my sights set on the clift because hotwire offers it for $900/person w/ roundtrip flight.

in actuality id like to spend ~$2k all together for a hotel for 4 nights and a roundtrip flight... and from what i see, thats a fairly decent budget cuz flights arent that expensive into SF.

i checked out hotel vitale and during that time (june) it is like $350/night iirc.

I forgot to say, the tip with Hotel Vitale, is literally book the day before, or even on the day (of check in). I remember they quoted me $300+ for the Urban Studio but when I booked it on the day the price dropped to $229.

that would be excellent... but i couldnt risk it not being cheaper than the original quoted price with my new wife next to me who likes things planned out well in advance so there are no complications

hotel rex hotel rex hotel rex hotel rex.

hmmm... what about hotel rex?! haha

We stayed at the Golden Gate Hotel. It was more of a bed & breakfast really, but close to Union Square, subway and the street cars. I remember it being about $110-120/night, but we opted for shared bathrooms. It's nothing fancy, but it's clean, comfortable, cheap and convenient. Wi-Fi too.

http://www.goldengatehotel.com/

Just checked the rates, $95 shared bathroom, $150 private.

We stayed at the Golden Gate Hotel. It was more of a bed & breakfast really, but close to Union Square, subway and the street cars. I remember it being about $110-120/night, but we opted for shared bathrooms. It's nothing fancy, but it's clean, comfortable, cheap and convenient. Wi-Fi too.

http://www.goldengatehotel.com/

Just checked the rates, $95 shared bathroom, $150 private.

thanks for the info and ill check it out.

only problem is the lady has some strange aversion to bed and breakfast's, which im not sure why