Levis denim differences

jake431

I have a pair of 527's that I love the denim of - crisp, flat feeling denim, very nice. They were $40.

I have a pair of 517's and I've owned plain old 501's - puffy, sort or fuzzy denim. Feels like shit. Also $40.

How do I account for the difference in feel? Were the 527's made of a ringspun denim? Seems unlikely. And it's too bad, cause I'd be ecstatic if 501's came in such nice denim.

I am looking for recommendations here - good denim versions of 501's not their fuzzy shit ones. And LVC is a fortune. Am I just screwed?

-Jake

Quote: with selvedge closing and the levi's stores carrying hardly any lvc stuff here in nyc i've resorted to ordering from aero in scotland. for some reason they can get alot of lvc stuff we can't get here in the us.

tell me about it. went to both levis stores in the city and the selection wasn't very good at either. the one on lex had a few pairs of deadstock 47's most were a 32" waist.

Ended up getting a regular pair of 501's, some new wash that looks just like the stf's but preshrunk.

"©opy®ight"

Edited by Letters on Sep 4, 2005 at 05:34 PM

Well, I went to the Levis store yesterday and they have 501's made of the better denim that my 527's were made of - they are $58 instead of $40 (or less) but I think they're worth it. How can I determine what the differences are between fabrics?

-Jake