Co-produced by Cameron Eldred

sponsored by Self Edge and Superfuture®

---

waywt_grid_press_01.jpg

waywt_grid_press_02.jpg

waywt_grid_press_03.jpg

---

Press Release:

pushing the essence of a recent internet phenomenon to its extremes, nyc-based photographer sidney lo embarked on creating a visual record of something typically taken for granted in our daily lives-- the outfits we wear each and every day.

'what are you wearing today?' originates from the popular superfuture supertalk messageboard. alongside being one of the foremost resources for japanese-made artisan reproductions of classic American jeans, the site features a thread affectionately known as WAYWT which spans thousands of pages containing photographs documenting what superfuture's members are wearing each and every day.

turning the street style meme inside out, 'what are you wearing today?' turns the idea of a public visual record into a personal diary, and reduces the daunting nature of the project- a year's worth of snapshots- into something altogether more easily understood by even those that have never once stopped to think about the clothes on their back after they've thrown them on.

'what are you wearing today?' also evokes elements of yet another niche integral to the supertalk message board: that of raw, unwashed denim. tying every single photo together is the exact same pair of jeans, which, once dark and full of indigo dye, eventually became a canvas upon which 367 days worth of experience came to light.

presented in collaboration with superfuture and sponsored by iconic japanese denim shop self edge, 'what are you wearing today?' opens on march 27th, on view through april 19th.

An excerpt from the exhibition:

"From 1980 to 1981, performing artist Teching Hsieh punched a time clock every hour on the hour, twenty-four hours a day, for an entire year, to observe the passage of time. My series, entitled What Are You Wearing Today?, is an exercise in time and digital replication. I photographed myself everyday for an entire year, from March 10th, 2007 until March 10th, 2008. Like Teching Hsieh’s Time Piece, I illustrated the passage of time by shaving my head and letting it grow throughout the duration of my work. This subject of transience can also be observed by my jeans, which I have worn every single day to coincide with my growing hair. Both elements signify change and growth that conformed to my body throughout this year-long piece."

---

waywt_card_press_front.jpg

waywt_card_press_back.gif

March 27th, 2008

6 PM - 8 PM

Photography & Imaging Department

Tisch School of the Arts

721 Broadway 8th Floor

New York, NY 10003

i think you told me something about this... i await further details.

Yeah, whatever.

Yeah, whatever.

icarus!!!!

please make it june before i go to london(and other europlaces) or july when im on my way back, ok, good.

looking forward to this, what ever the hell it might be

Okay guys. Tonight I start my journey from the west coast, more specifically, the home of +++Supreme.19CM-MIJ.Vans to Cindy Ro's event via Razor scooter and headporter x visvim elk leather hobo bag. Wish me luck and safe travels.

Okay I'll just jizz the basic details now. All the special debauchery will be released in due time like a slow romantic foreplay.

THERE WILL BE PRIZES N SHIT.

Prizes? Count me in.

I am going to make this work even if I have to quit my job, school, and sever ties with family.

GOIN FOR BROKE$$$$

Dude, if it's coming out of my own pockets, I will make it happen. It won't be as next-level as Self Edge gifts... but do understand it's coming out of my own cheap ass Chinese wallet so you'll have to bear with me on it.

I'll do my best to make it as BLAOW as possible...

Any Free Air Flight Give-A-Way? I could do with a sponsor. i wanna stare down at the shorties too.

What the hell I ain't Self Edge... plus air fare from Singapore is hella expensive. You better take me out to dinner if I fly you out!!

Would a GALLON of kaya toast and half boiled eggs do?

If not, an international video conference party is in order!

Hey man, you know I'll be there even if we get 25-cent super bouncey balls for prizes.

im all about it should be back north come march

Dude, if it's coming out of my own pockets, I will make it happen. It won't be as next-level as Self Edge gifts... but do understand it's coming out of my own cheap ass Chinese wallet so you'll have to bear with me on it.

I'll do my best to make it as BLAOW as possible...

Didn't you get a Flathead wallet?

Is one of the prizes going to be 50 Pieces of fried dumplings from the Dumpling shop on Mosco St?

Fuck the prizes...damn - if I can get away for 3 days I´ll so be there...Please, Lufthansa , $ 200 tickets...

Beatle!!!! Make it to the showwwwwww it'd be amazing to have you there.

Didn't you get a Flathead wallet?

Is one of the prizes going to be 50 Pieces of fried dumplings from the Dumpling shop on Mosco St?

I guess I won't be proper shopping for a while now, innit? Good thing I've been good this holiday season.. things should be okay in time for the show icon_lol.gif

Though a 50 piece dumpling set from Fried Dumpling would probably be the most amazing prize ever...

id love to come... ill see if i can same my lunch money up and make it up there.