SuFu Recommended Stores in LA

lowrider

Aloha peeeeeeepsss!

I'm going to be in LA from Friday, 01/11 to Sunday, 01/13 and staying in Little Tokyo.

Other than Maxfield and Fred Segal, are there any other cool stores to check out? I'll be looking for CCP, MA+, RO, Ann D., MMM, Raf, and other brands of that ilk.

Mahalo!

Barney's New York in Beverly Hills is having a 60 % off sale. American Rag et Cie on La Brea Avenue is also having a winter sale. On the same block as American Rag is undefeated, stussy, etc. On Beverly Blvd 3 blocks north from American Rag is Mr. Frontier's and further west on Beverly is Hollywood Trading Company. Go down south on 3rd Steet and go to 3rd Street and start on Fairfax area going west where you'll find South Willow and Douglas Fir, etc. When you hit La Cienega Blvd go north to Melrose Ave and Melrose Place and you'll find some boutiques there including Marc Jacobs, Diesel, Sta. Maria Novella. Of course, on Melrose Avenue you'll find Paul Smith, Maxfield and Fred Segal.

Barney's New York in Beverly Hills is having a 60 % off sale. American Rag et Cie on La Brea Avenue is also having a winter sale. On the same block as American Rag is undefeated, stussy, etc. On Beverly Blvd 3 blocks north from American Rag is Mr. Frontier's and further west on Beverly is Hollywood Trading Company. Go down south on 3rd Steet and go to 3rd Street and start on Fairfax area going west where you'll find South Willow and Douglas Fir, etc. When you hit La Cienega Blvd go north to Melrose Ave and Melrose Place and you'll find some boutiques there including Marc Jacobs, Diesel, Sta. Maria Novella. Of course, on Melrose Avenue you'll find Paul Smith, Maxfield and Fred Segal.

Hollywood Trading Company moved to the Fred Segal in Santa Monica. There is still a store on Beverly, but it carries completely different clothes. It's a western store now.

Hollywood Trading Company moved to the Fred Segal in Santa Monica. There is still a store on Beverly, but it carries completely different clothes. It's a western store now.

I was there 4 days ago and you're right. It's mostly RRL stuff and vintage t-shirts and boots. Gone are the Raf Simons, Rag and Bone, April 77 etc. I'm actually disappointed at the lack of choices. Do you know if it's just going to be western?

I thought this was the most interesting store I have seen in LA in a while. They had a different product mix than anyone else. It is on la cienega below melrose if I remember correctly.

+1 thanks for mentioning this store. Look for Humberto, he's a big help.

Definitely go to South Willard in LA, buy a bunch of cool stuff, get tired of it in a few weeks then sell it back here at a discount. Be sure to PM me first. Small sizes only plz.

Chris still there? I haven't been there in ages.

Wasn't it hill not spring? I think spring is before.

it's between spring and main on 4th st., next to bar 107, across the street from situation normal. i only know that tak owns it.

edit:

125 West 4th St., 213.626.6607

edit2:

don't go to h lorenzo!!!

Comedy South Coast Plaza option.

Chris quited looooooong time ago. Now only the owner shows up OCCASIONALLY. From my most updated knowledge, the store has been closed before Xmas for a Stussy private party. I checked last week, it's still closed....

Chris still there? I haven't been there in ages.

Wasn't it hill not spring? I think spring is before.

it's between spring and main on 4th st., next to bar 107, across the street from situation normal. i only know that tak owns it.

edit:

125 West 4th St., 213.626.6607

edit2:

don't go to h lorenzo!!!

Just got back from my weekend LA trip and unfortunately got the stomach flu shortly after I arrived (spent 7hrs in the ER). Needless to say my enthusiasm for shopping was greatly reduced but I did manage to check out Maxfield, Fred Segal Melrose), H. Lorenzo, and B. NY.

I ended up only picking up a long black coat with a cool wire collar by Undercover from B. NY. at 60% off. I really dug Maxfield and was glad to finally handle CCP items. However they didn't have anything that I really wanted.

Thanks for all the tips guys.

Went to APC today but they're closed today and tomorrow for their spring collection and I have a flight out to Boston in less than 48 hours for another 5 month jaunt in New England so I ended up going to Opening Ceremony and caught a pair of Acne Max Raws and I think I might have set a record for fastest time in and out of the store with a purchase (15 minutes).

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...