Union Specials Collection @BiG

emaze

due to the quality of their jeans, i would trust 45 rpm to hem/chainstitch. but theres something special about gordons hem job. def worth 30 bones for a man of your accumen/caliber. he puts x-tra tension for x-tran roping. i hot soaked my gordon-done hems the other day in boiling water, and dried them over a heater. the ropes just popped right out.

due to the quality of their jeans, i would trust 45 rpm to hem/chainstitch. but theres something special about gordons hem job. def worth 30 bones for a man of your accumen/caliber. he puts x-tra tension for x-tran roping. i hot soaked my gordon-done hems the other day in boiling water, and dried them over a heater. the ropes just popped right out.

i just had a pair chainstitched by ZK from Faith in Taipei. he's started putting extra tension on the hems (see Evolution of Jeans thread for examples) to enhance the roping effect. i've had him hem jeans before and there is a really remarkable difference in the roping effect between the different tensions. i'm actually considering taking some of my old jeans back and having him re-hem them. plus he only charges 280NT (about $9 at today's conversion rate) to chainstitch.

i suppose my point is that i agree with salaami in that if the pronounced roping effect is something that's important to you, spend the $30 and get a pair done by gordon.

• 2 years later...