what are you washing today? denim edition

today i washed my sugar cane hawaii (natural indigo sc40400n) for maybe the 3rd or 4th time in 21 or so months. i started with a two hour hot soak with the bucket covered. i opened the lid to find the water BRIGHT yellow (indigo, i'm sure). then i did a cold hand wash in dr. bronners and found the water turned a murky blue. i decided to forego the sugar cane detergent for this wash since i have another pair of sugar canes that have not yet been washed in earnest and have a few washes ahead of 'em. so then a cold rinse in the bucket, turning the water a very pale blue. now they are drying on a rack in the laundry room with a dehumidifier nearby.

despite the water changing color so much, there was not too much indigo loss. my hands did not turn the slightest shade of blue...

i am not normally so fussy about washes, but it is fun to wash the satokibi sugar canes with respect.

what did you wash today?

sam s510xx19ozII. 3mos since last wash. i did a "dirty job" in them yesterday, and they deserved a wash... hot wash, dryer on high,regular detergent, some shit from sam's club. starched em to get some stiffness back, to no avail. needs back pocket repair, but wont get it until i can find some more all-cotton thread...now 2 rivets are showing...

I did a big wash the other day, basically every pair in my past rotation. Had to wait for a hot sunny day to make sure they dry fast. SExSC, Denime XX Type II, Evisu No.2 Lot 2000, Warehouse 1000XX -SP (oxidation denim). warm wash plus detergent. Once dry, I ironed them and put them into the closet for future use. My current rotation is now Denime 1951, Sufu660 and Sam S5000VX.

haha speaking of old cats, mine is old; we'll just say she's old enough to buy alcohol and she's probably on her last leg. But she's been with me since I was 3 or 4 years old.

And back on topic, I gave the infamous bang-bang apc hipsters their second wash. i'll probably put up pics in the evo thread tomorrow and maybe a waywt pic with me and the woman since she's been wearing the apc's

Hot soaked and hand washed my lee 101z's for the 2nd time, tumble dried inside out in drier. Had for 6 months, almost no contrast fading except for slight creases on the lap and crotch, and cell phone/wallet in pockets.

skull 5010xx 6x6 -- did a light hand wash tonight with some dr. bronner's, 4 months of everyday wear, first wash. i'll post pictures sometime tomorrow when they are dry.

a color swatch sample if you will... these are the skull 5010xx 6x6 at 4 months right after their first (quick) hand wash to get rid of the funk, and the shiny bike ass. i will put better & fuller pictures up once it isn't so cold and rainy i promise.

legzo2.jpg