Weird/bad habits / SuperOCDtics

Charlie Delta

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

buying notebooks. i buy more than i need, thinking i'll put them to good use and they end up sitting around. since they all look alike i can never tell which ones are important and which ones are simply blank.

oh, not throwing out the trash. i could get away with it in winter but with it warming up shit is going to reek.

not doing laundry. past week i've been buying clothes simply because i don't feel like washing the dirty ones. is that the B.A.L.L.A. status djrajio is always talkin' about?

oh, writing posts like this when i should be studying.

fuck.

I have a bad habit of leaving things behind, specifically stuff I hold in my hands. Usually its in a friend's car so I do get it back..

Last night as my friends and I were exiting a restaurant this lady thrusts a familiar looking umbrella in my face and exclaimed "you!"

"this is your umbrella"

I take it and thank her still somewhat shocked.

The last time I visited must have been early february and I don't remember much interaction with her...or having an umbrella on me at that time..

I wonder if one day similarly someone would do that with the camera I'd lost on new years eve..

i crack my toes probably a dozen times an hour

I have a bad habit of leaving things behind, specifically stuff I hold in my hands.

its flabbergasting how often this happens to me

on top of that im usually holding things in my hands in an effort to avoid forgetting them

I have some minor compulsive habits, but I've managed to control a lot of them. But my parents used to be really freaked out by the weird shit I did, including:

• No stepping on cracks in concrete
  • Rubbing my fingertips to remove crumbs
  • Corrolary to the above, if in a restaurant with tiled floors, fingers must be positioned above tiles, not on the grout in between
  • Counting on my fingertips (but this one's pretty common)
  • If I scratch myself, I needed to scratch on the exact same spot on the other side of my body.

It was a lot of shit focused on symmetry and shit. Yeah. But I'm mostly over it. I lapse into the "no cracks" thing every now and then, but I'm actually pretty good with most of my rituals.

i ALWAYS bite skin of my lips. its not good.

i hate sharing drinks/food.

i cannot STAND when anyone picks at my food.

even my girlfriend.. EVERY single time i buy somthing she has to either pick at it or drink it.. every time i get really frustrated and tell her if shes hungry to just get her own food so we are both happy..

She always says.. im not hungry/thirsty.. i just want some of yours..

it really gets on my nerves and i have no idea why.

I'm also a twin.. and i hate when my brother gets anything more then me.

i cant stand letting my drink sit openly.. i either put it back in the fridge or somthing over the top of it.. if i forget, i throw it away.

i always look in windows/mirrors when walking past.. then i tell myself not to do it.. and pull myself away.. but still making sure everything is ok..

i have had facial hair since the day i could grow it. i feel naked without it and get freaked out when thinking about not having it.. like right now. ergh.

i cannot buy somthing worth anything over $5 if it is not of high quality.. for example if i need to buy a pen.. i cant just have a standard ball point.. i need the best.

• 1 month later...

I recently discovered/realized another one of mine;

I am very specific about cutlery, as in I'd rather not use it if it's not up to my specifications.

Let's take a fork for example, if I have a choise I'll always take the plainest most minimal one, it should be a specific size aswell, and not to heavy but also not too light...

Should feel a certain way in my hand, etc...

Really, most cutlery is really bad design...

I am very specific about cutlery, as in I'd rather not use it if it's not up to my specifications.

Let's take a fork for example, if I have a choise I'll always take the plainest most minimal one, it should be a specific size aswell, and not to heavy but also not too light...

Im kinda the same. Also nothing irritates me more than plastic handles held in place with rivets. Squareish spoons also suck. It's not really a weird habit, it's just preference.

not far out there... out of all the cutlery at my parent's house, there is only one fork, and one spoon that i will use. i won't eat cereal with a tablespoon. i won't use gold cutlery either. and if all of my options are in the wash, i am forced to leave the house.

much like a mole in search of foodstamps. :mad:

i do this too.

but my annoying habit is setting the alarm for an hour before i intend on getting up.

and hitting the snooze repeatedly.

haha me too. i'll purposely set it earlier than i need to wake up because i know i don't have the willpower to get up on the first ring.

a bad habit i have it biting nails.

also when i was a kid and got cuts/bruises all the time, i used to peel/pick at scabs and i'd look at the scabby dried blood for a while before i threw it away.

also if i throw something like a book, and it lands on the floor or something i'll always pick it up and put it neatly in its place.

and i have this wierd habit of trying to arrange things in patterns. like if there's two rows of candy and 1 has more than the other, i try to balance it out. haha.

edit: i just remembered, when i was a kid i used to bite stuff all the time. pens, pencils, but most of the time the collar of my shirt.

I touch my hair, especially my fringe every minute or so.

I'm always late. -_-

I like to crack the bones in my body, specifically my hands and toes.

Guest winq

I like to crack the bones in my body, specifically my hands and toes.

I do this with every joint in my body basically. Morning routine

neck - wrists - fingers - back - ankles - toes