Weird/bad habits / SuperOCDtics

Charlie Delta

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i go drinking with my girlfriend, i never EVER toast her. As in "cheers and clink glasses". I just can't do it! As i find that you only do it with your friends. She hates it and always tries to toast her but i will really go out off my way to aviod our glasses even touching each other! is that weird?

i am constantly clicking around the screen and double clicking stuff, and highlighting then unhighlighting then rehighlighting stuff, and opening new tabs and closing them and opening and closing etc etc etc as stuff loads. as i'm reading text i'm constantly doing the highlight thing. it drives onlookers NUTS.

I right click + left click over and over in the same spot.

I have to take my clothes off the second i get home at night.

I can't have my clothes on for more than five seconds when i step inside the house, it bothers the living shit out of me get home and be wearing the clothing i wore while out.

it really bothers me if i let my fingernails grow too long

but my annoying habit is setting the alarm for an hour before i intend on getting up.

and hitting the snooze repeatedly.

Always 3 periods or exclamation marks!!!

One is ok, since that's normal.

Otherwise there should be 3...

Also I'm visually offended when I see 2 being used, and I am really not able to finish a sentence like that...

Good to know I'm not the only one that is crazy. The one I wish I could change would be the phone thing. It's so annoying! The others I'm just weird about.

I have to take my clothes off the second i get home at night.

I can't have my clothes on for more than five seconds when i step inside the house, it bothers the living shit out of me get home and be wearing the clothing i wore while out.

me and kiya are on the same wavelength. really, it was how i was raised. these pants sat on the subway, im supposed to let them touch the place i sleep? insane.

lol i'm just the same. when i have people over i find it's normal to have them sit on like my chairs and sofa/couches etc. but this is especially bad if i have people in my room (other than girlfriend who has become an exception), and they go and sit on my bed.

a little part of me dies when that happens, and another part says, "get the hell off my bed! :mad:"...lol

just as onemancult said, i feel odd having outdoor clothes that touched random public places touch the same place i sleep :o

Before leaving the house, I double and sometimes triple check anything I've used such as the iron, coffee maker, stove top, etc. I'll also lock the door behind me and then check to make sure the lock is locked.

When eating pizza, I cut off the crust first, eat it and then start eating the point of the slice and work my way upward. If the slice is square, I start at a corner. Every time, every slice.

After I eat anything that comes in a bag or wrapper (potato chips or even a candy wrapper) thats rectangular, I will fold the bag or wrapper in half and then half again into increasingly smaller and smaller squares until I can't fold it anymore and then throw it away.

good thread.

i do the mouse thing... highlighting and unhighlighting constantly.

I don't even realize i'm doing it, so when someone is observing it confuses them.. Then when they tell me to stop I am caught off guard.

the clothes thing too. I always walk swiftly to my room when i get home, to change into sweats or something.

foot tapping too. wierd habit.

I haven't shaved in a while and I feel my moustache with my lower lip and sometimes tongue.

If I'm in a car, running or biking, I add up the numbers of addresses and license plates and phone numbers from ads. If I get a multiple of five or ten, I "win". Similarly, I make anagrams out of EVERYTHING.

not quite consciously, i portion off a larger than average final mouthful to mark the end of my meals

there is also a complex rubric involved in its composition, one that i am not sure i fully understand

to illustrate, yesterday i made some fried rice and the concentration of chinese sausage and choi sum pieces were noticeably above average in the final fraction of the bowl

similarly there are always ample bits of meat and veggies in my last spoonful of curry, and the fattiest/bloodiest portion of a steak usually finds itself eaten last

reflecting, i think this may be tied to my reluctance to finish my dinner as a four year old, my mom's insistent "one more bite, ben", and my subsequent filling of face to appease her

but perhaps that is overanalyzing

i frequently fall asleep on my fire escape

i wash my hands far too often

i am utterly incapable of resisting the prospect of spooning while baked

id probably spoon with my grandma if she would smoke a bowl with me

also if food isn't in the right position on my plate i cant eat it.

i spend time before eating to make sure it's all right haha

cosigned

with staircases i like to start and end each floor on the same foot (generally the right)

i will sometimes skip stairs or wedding march step to accomplish this

i sometimes still find myself avoiding the hot lava of white tiles on checkerboard floors

when enjoying a slice, i will take a bite of crust for each of pizza, providing an enjoyably balanced experience throughout

similarly i always finish a burger and fries concurrently

^^On that note, I never take a sip of any drink while I finish the last bite of burger. Its just not right, you have to finish with that taste in your mouth. Too many times have I taken a drink while the burger was still in my mouth quickly swallowing both together and not enjoying the last bite, only to be left dissappointed that there was no more burger to be had.

with staircases i like to start and end each floor on the same foot (generally the right)

i will sometimes skip stairs or wedding march step to accomplish this

Same. Or if I'm going up stairs I have to skip every other step. If there's not an even number of steps I have to skip the last one and usually end up looking foolish trying to skip two steps rather than one.

lol i'm just the same. when i have people over i find it's normal to have them sit on like my chairs and sofa/couches etc. but this is especially bad if i have people in my room (other than girlfriend who has become an exception), and they go and sit on my bed.

a little part of me dies when that happens, and another part says, "get the hell off my bed! :mad:"...lol

just as onemancult said, i feel odd having outdoor clothes that touched random public places touch the same place i sleep :o

I just tell them to get the hell off my bed. My old gf used to do that with a pair of Lindas that I got her and weren't washed for 5 months. You definitely have to tell them to get the hell off your bed when it's like that.

Another odd habit that I have is that I sometimes rearrange products that aren't perfectly aligned at the grocery store, even if I have no interest in that item whatsoever. I just rearrange them, then walk away.

I check the alarm, windows, everything before bed. Twice.

Check stoves, ovens, toaster.. Just to make sure.

I bite my nails and cuticles.

and literally a zillion more.

I have OCD. So most of my life is a bad habit.

seriously. i took a psych 1 class and we were learning about being obsessive compulsive and i was like aw man. that screams out me :(

i thought of another kinda weird one. i shower twice a day, once in the morning so i dont leave the house with bed dirt on me, and once at night so i dont bring dirt with me into bed.

i have a weird habit of also highlighting and unhighlighting whatever i read on the computer.

I also have a habit of correcting anything i typed wrong, even if the other person spelled it wrong.

My biggest habit like some of you here is alarm clocks. I have a problem of setting about 3-4 different alarm clocks to go off the same time or around the same time. If i really need to wake up at a precise time ill set up an alarm on my phone, the clock, my ipod on the speaker, and my watch.

And another being my concern about listening to music, i usually get bored of songs after the first minute or two and switch the song right away

Seriously the best ever *got a house w/ a semi flat roof solely for this purpose

because until I left NYC in 01 Id never really seen a full sky of stars. that combined w/ a J and it makes for the start of a great day or end of a bad one.

Haha except it really wasn't my roof so much as my neighbor's. :P Right next to my balcony is my neighbor's slanted roof...I'd lean back on that with my legs dangling over the rail of my balcony.

She'd just redid her tiles when we moved in... :)

yesterday i brushed my teeth and took a leak at the same time

I got into this habit like a year ago--I enjoy multitasking boring stuff like urination and dental hygiene. But I quit, partially because it seemed wrong but mostly because I moved in with my gf and she won't stand for it.