Denim Done Right-SC focus shop Self Edge

M.O.A

yo superkids

I thought some of you guys might be interested in checking out this article I did for Sole Collector.It just dropped like last week. Im sure most of you guys on here dont give a shit about the shoes in the magazine...so yeah..here are the scans for free

Super big thanks to Carl, Sidney and Kiya. This article would have been far worse [shit] without their contributions amd help.

6lkjpna.jpg

7xxgm0p.jpg

85w3v61.jpg

6k6li0x.jpg

6x6t7ad.jpg

There's a distortion of histories that might overlap in the short term, but the obsessive nature of Japanese reproduced workwear/denim/cluthings does not quite link up to the mentality rooted in sneakerdome... a lot of it has to do with a superficial social class and urban representation that relies heavily on branding. Most of these brands are virtual unknowns (in this respect) sans the minimal online marketing.

Cool article

Sidney is onto something, I think what attracts people to denim is different to what attracts people to sneakers. A more suitable paralell may be bespoke shoes. A curiousity for quality, an awareness of the semiotics of design with regard to history etc etc..... im not saying these things are not present in sneaker collectors, they probably are but how many sneaker collectors trouble themselves over where the prodcuct was made ( shit I cant leave my own house if my jeans are not from Okayama prefecture and my shoes not from Northhampton! ;-) )

Im not saying sneaker collectors dont care about the aforementioned facets of collecting but perhaps, IN GENERAL, they play a lesser part in peoples drive to collect dunks and whatnot...

Im going to go out on a limb and say some otaku, who owns ALL samurai models, is closer to sneaker collector than the average denimhead who just wants "nice selvedge denim".

There's a distortion of histories that might overlap in the short term, but the obsessive nature of Japanese reproduced workwear/denim/cluthings does not quite link up to the mentality rooted in sneakerdome... a lot of it has to do with a superficial social class and urban representation that relies heavily on branding. Most of these brands are virtual unknowns (in this respect) sans the minimal online marketing.

as apparent in ur siggy

but with all said ive noticed the slow switch from dunks and "fasion denim" ie sevens and rock n republic (no homo) to vans and raw denim. ive been noticing the kids that come into my shop that used to be all loud turned very subtle and "raw" ....and you know the kids reading sole collector are sheep.

Well i went to Mash in london today to see if by any chance they had some colab jeans from self edge x sugar cane and the manager just said to me "They talking out their arse... never heard of them."

Originally they were supposed to carry the jean, but Mauro (Denim Bar) and I bought so many that there were only enough left for Self Edge, Denim Bar, and Dutile (Vancouver).