Lightning Magazine Thread

Chicken

Red, any update when you'll ship the magazines out?
ya. sorry about the lack of updates guys. i just pmed a bunch of people, but it would be much easier if i just posted it here.

i sent the first shipment of 5 on dec 31 (30th in the US).

have yet to recieve payment from chipper and beatle.

the second 6 are sitting on my bedroom table. i was goin to wait until i got chipper and beatles payment, but they havent responded yet, so im probably going to ship them out tomorrow anyways.

and poly. i have a copy waiting for you.

i apologize for the wait. as i have already told some of you, i dont have a japanese lisence so i have to ask old friends to drive me to and fro (which makes me feel horrible). because of this, i try to do things in groups rather than buying and sending individually.

ill keep you guys updated.

RED

i checked asahiya yesterday and they didn't have indigo masters yet. although they did have the latest lightning issue and mccoy's fun book 2008.

That mccoy's funbook 2008 is also on its way to me

If anyone's still desperate for a copy, my local bookshop had 4 copies when I was there this morning - I'd be happy to send them to the US/Europe for £15 a piece. PM me if you're interested.

Chicken - I found a copy for myself at Asahiya in Ikebukuro last week, and at the time there were another 2-3 copies on the rack. Maybe the branch you checked is frequented by an army of denim enthusiasts?

EVERYBODYS HAS BEEN SENT.

except john11fs. you will be recieving a pm shortly.

im just going to post the tracking numbers here, since waiting like 30 seconds between each pm is not fun. hope you dont mind.

andrew r.- 0305 2200 0000 1341 1842

michael ed.- 0305 2200 0000 1341 1859

michael er.- 0305 2200 0000 1341 1873

chris c.- 0305 2200 0000 1341 1866

chris r.- 0305 2200 0000 1341 1880

in the first shipment, i wrongly assumed that the tracking numbers along with the addresses would appear on the reciept, since thats what im accustomed to. instead, i was left with a bunch of blank confirmation labels. if anyone doesnt recieve a shipment, ill go through which ones have been confirmed and which ones havent.

those included in the first shipment:

beatle

johnnyred

chipper

corter

billiamphan

cloudhands69

nightdeposit

send me a pm if you sent a payment, but arent on this list. im 99% sure i got everyone though.

went back to asahiya on saturday and they had one copy of denim indigo master.

$25 within continental u.s. for the first first person to pm me and make a paypal payment. shipping outside of the u.s. possible but will cost more.

(i sent a note to lilldavid saturday because he was interested in it a little back, but never heard back.)

Is this Boss of the road arcuate exactly the same as the Duckdigger ones???

Closeups?

I had the pleasure of handling the Boss jeans pictured there, as well as another pair from nearly the same production run. The Duckdigger's are based very strongly on the early Boss stuff. Arcuates, buckleback design..... I consider myself blessed to have seen the originals, and it made we appreciate/want even more the duckdigger line.

this magazine is super! I've been studying the pictures for hours; checking out the fits of the denims and the type of shoes they are wearing (I know I'm sick). Can't understand a thing in there but the pics are worth it!