Lightning Magazine Thread

Chicken

now that many of us are getting our hands on this magazine, i thought it'd be interesting to start a thread discussing about its contents.

some things i've noticed so far:

1. it's amazing how many pairs of well worn repro jeans are out there in japan. (and many of them were at the inazuma festival.)

2. many of them have been wearing their jeans for more than 5 years.

3. some of them wash their jeans once a week, even once a day, and still get amazing results.

4. flatheads, specifically 3005s, seem to be very popular over there. (although they are one of the main sponsors of lightning magazine. and brands like 45rpm aren't mentioned anywhere.)

5. there are still numbers of great brands out there that we aren't aware of.

6. great to see some faces familiar around here featured, like gordon , benny and nogami-san.

7. numbers of japanese denimheads are now watching sufu 660 contest.

now that many of us are getting our hands on this magazine, i thought it'd be interesting to start a thread discussing about its contents.

some things i've noticed so far:

1. it's amazing how many pairs of well worn repro jeans are out there in japan. (and many of them were at the inazuma festival.)

2. many of them have been wearing their jeans for more than 5 years.

3. some of them wash their jeans once a week, even once a day, and still get amazing results.

4. flatheads, specifically 3005s, seem to be very popular over there. (although they are one of the main sponsors of lightning magazine. and brands like 45rpm aren't mentioned anywhere.)

5. there are still numbers of great brands out there that we aren't aware of.

6. great to see some faces familiar around here featured, like gordon , benny and nogami-san.

7. numbers of japanese denimheads are now watching sufu 660 contest.

yeah sela, i was getting the same kind of feeling too, about the other thread becoming too cluttered. plus, there are numbers of really interesting things featured in this magazine i thought it was worth creating a thread dedicated to it.

all the discussions about proxying the mag is welcome here too.

i've already mentioned this in few other threads, but in LA, both kinokuniya in little tokyo and asahiya on sawtelle are out of stock. but asahiya is getting some at the end of the year or beginning of next year. i think pg2g posted the one in torrance or gardena had some.

red found some in the bay area and is selling some to others too.

yeah sela, i was getting the same kind of feeling too, about the other thread becoming too cluttered. plus, there are numbers of really interesting things featured in this magazine i thought it was worth creating a thread dedicated to it.

all the discussions about proxying the mag is welcome here too.

i've already mentioned this in few other threads, but in LA, both kinokuniya in little tokyo and asahiya on sawtelle are out of stock. but asahiya is getting some at the end of the year or beginning of next year. i think pg2g posted the one in torrance or gardena had some.

red found some in the bay area and is selling some to others too.

yeah, seems like that's the case about $15 denim mag. i think asahiya only ordered one copy for me when i asked for one and didn't bother getting more originally. but they've been getting some inquiry since then so they decided to stock some. hence the end of the year or beginning of next year schedule.

yeah, seems like that's the case about $15 denim mag. i think asahiya only ordered one copy for me when i asked for one and didn't bother getting more originally. but they've been getting some inquiry since then so they decided to stock some. hence the end of the year or beginning of next year schedule.

oh, i see, will be great if you could hook up some more peeps while you're there. the cost of shipping should somewhat balance out with the lower retail of the book there.

tarmac, the denim indigo master issue is definitely the type of mag kinokuniya and asahiya should and will carry. it's just that they never rush for them because the demands aren't too high.

oh, i see, will be great if you could hook up some more peeps while you're there. the cost of shipping should somewhat balance out with the lower retail of the book there.

tarmac, the denim indigo master issue is definitely the type of mag kinokuniya and asahiya should and will carry. it's just that they never rush for them because the demands aren't too high.

it might be a slightly smaller store. but it's still pretty decent. the other ones you're mentioning are:

Asahiya Bookstores Torrance Store

3832 Sepulveda Blvd.

Torrance, CA 90505

Phone: 310-375-3303

Fax: 310-375-3302

Asahiya Bookstores Gardena Store

1620 W. Redondo Beach Blvd.

Gardena, CA 90247

Phone: 310-516-9807