Lightning Magazine Thread

Chicken

Is it worth it to track down a lightning mag even though I can't read Japanese?  I could probably get one from kinokuniya in costa mesa as its only about a 20 minute drive...

Edited by itsbenhere

Yes, depending on the issue.  Lightning is really more of a men's lifestyle magazine than straight-up fashion, so it varies.  However, they often do special issues based on one particular theme (denim, boots, leather jackets, etc.) so if you can find one of those, it's definitely worth the money.

• 1 year later...

Subscription at $20 per month/issue is not cheap...

I guess I'll continue getting it through Take5 and have them shipped every other month with a regular order.

Yeah not cheap but shipping from Asia for something that heavy is around $10-12

This makes me so thankful for Kinokuniya. They sell Lightning, Clutch and Free & Easy all at standard retail. Free & Easy has definitely turned up toward prep/luxury, but Lightning and Clutch are still a lot of fun to leaf through every month.

Edited by Jared_Lee

• 2 months later...

Holy crap, that book retails for a whole hell of a lot cheaper here.

Maybe I can start my own proxy service, lol.

You'd be surprised when you send a thick and heavy magazine to foreign countries by air mail - it would cost you an arm and a leg.

• 2 years later...