Lightning Magazine Thread

Chicken

^december 2009

Man, about 10 minutes ago, my wife just plopped a copy of the Dec. '09 Lightning Buyers guide in my grubby palms. I'm totally stoked.

She's Japanese and works for a Japanese company based here in the US and she actually had one of her coworkers bring a copy back for me when he came over for a business trip. It's pretty intense.

My woman rocks. ROCKS!! :)

I saw a copy someplace online, of Lightning with a motorcycle on the cover, and supposedly was a lot about motorcycles, but now I can't find it again anywhere. Am I crazy...any help would be appreciated! If you know what I'm talking about, anybody know where to pick it up?

thanks

the free and easy mags look great. i am more a fan of them then lightning.

that reminds me i have to check out the place in munich on the weekend. didnt you post the link turntabloid?

ordered the buyers guide and the T-shirt book from superdenim.co.uk a few days back.a bit pricey but that what happens if your not fast enough.should be here this week-that is if some asshole is not stealing them from my letterbox.(happened before.)

same here. usually get a lot of stuff from lewis. can be pricey though, depending on the exchange rate. but, if you sleep on cheaper resources - bad luck.

he also got the f&e the real mccoys year book 2010 back in stock. just in case, you slept on that too - like me!

got the mccoys book immediately after the release,and that was worth every single cent.

got your mags yesterday,love the boots book.as i said before,i prefer F&E over Lightning,but their specialbooks are excellent,aswell as the specials that comes with the magazine like the denimjacket one.

btw,money will be on its way tomorrow,cheers again.

nice stuff turntabloid

by theway , was at soda in munich, great shop and nice people, but all the free&easy and lightning mags were sold out. pity

guess i will have to order on the net then

I ordered 5 copies of Lightning with shipping it cost about $96 to ship to Detroit. There is no Japanese bookstore here to shop at, so it's about the same if not less than buying it over the phone from NYC. Slightly easier once you're set up too.

are there any instructions (like the ones for rakuten) for international buyers?

or did you use google translator?

Turntabloid - no real instructions. There is an "English" version link on the top right. I fudged the home address and created an international ship to address so that it would calculate the correct postage. The magazines were about $7 - $10 on amazon.co.jp ...at Kinokunya they are about $12 - $18.