my new love, shrink to fits three weeks...these arent sweaty i promise

M.O.A

someone had me take pics so i thought i would share em with you guys....i love thse jeans so much....honestly, they are hreat and so freakin cheap.....my apc;s only get worn once or twice a week now........will throw up some more pics as soon as these bad boys get some more wear n tear

bf1kdk.jpg

bf24xh.jpg

bf2551.jpg

bf259i.jpg

F**K HYPE

solecollector.com

getlifted.net

overstand.net

Edited by kixslf on Aug 29, 2005 at 11:27 PM

Those are looking good, I plan on getting a pair and taper them myself when my apcs are done with. Could you show some pics of them side by side? How is the indigo on the STF's, do they bleed more and lose more indigo as one would think? I've worn my apcs for more than one month straigth and they've lost very little indigo ;(

tally-hoo

if you like em tapered you should just go w/some raw 505's instead...

501's lose more indigo after washing than APC's, but prior to washing they don't bleed very much...not more than APC's anyway...

501 denim is thicker than APC, but the character isn't quite as 'interesting,' i.e. it looks like 501's only use ring-spun warp yarns, whereas APC looks to be 'ring-ring' (i.e. ringspun warp and weft), so you get more of a cross-hatch sort of effect. raw 501 denim also holds its shape better than APC denim, probably in part due to being thicker...

gotta say i've basically given up on my APC English...after 2 washes the rear started to get this 'fitted' look to it, which i just cannot get down with -at all-. when i originally checked them out, the seat on the Rescue's seemed more anti-fit (higher rise), which is a good thing.

for now it's strictly 501's...

haha!, in 501 stf's, if i go to a 34 the seat billows and when rigid it can get this convex pop-out thing goin, but if i go to a 33 (which sits better on the hips for me anyway, the seat is under control: not billowing out, but with enough room to steer well clear of the fitting-the-rear look). so yeah, it can be touch and go...

Where can I find me some STF's? What national chain stores carry them? Avg. price?

If washing them make them look like ass as mentioned above what is the preffered method of cleaning them when they do need it?

I'm getting pretty sick of "designer" denim and am looking forward to test driving a pair of STF's.

Edited by KFC ONE on Aug 30, 2005 at 01:07 PM

Quote: Where can I find me some STF's? What national chain stores carry them? Avg. price?

Mervyns and Kohls carry them for like 30 bucks.

Quote: If washing them make them look like ass as mentioned above what is the preffered method of cleaning them when they do need it?

Cheap way: Method 1> Hang dry them outside so they can air out

Method 2> Throw them in they dryer, with a few fabric softer Sheets

Expensive: Dry clean (duh)

dont you wanna smell like a rockstar anyways?

Quote: Serge posted a pair of STF 501's compared to his APC's, and they looked fine.

Are you sure they were el cheapo shrink to fits, or not some repro 501s?

Edited by locash on Aug 30, 2005 at 01:47 PM

Edited by locash on Aug 30, 2005 at 01:48 PM

I rinsed mine once to shrink them, and I can already tell they are not going to fade good w/ repeated washes. anyone know why this is? I read someone say that they are 'overdyed'? Is it the quality of indigo, or the amount of times it is dipped?

also, more importantly, is there a way to tell how the dye will fade when the jeans are dry? I doubt there is..

If the STF 501's look crappy after they are washed then what's the point of buying them as opposed to pre-washed 501's?

It seems like if you never wash the STF 501's you'll get decent creasing, but what good is that if you can't wash them to bring out the contrast?

Eh, whatever. I'll go ahead and wash them anyways. If they come out looking crappy, I'll just use them as beaters...they're only $30 anyways.

NyM...

i for one dont really care for super contrasts in my jeans,

simple fading and wear is suitable for me.

i think ill get them dry cleaned before i ever put them in the wash.

and im sure the contrasts youre looking for will come thru, as long as you wear them thru first for a while...

its just that imo, the color the raw denim turns into looks "cheap"...like the prewashed/shrunk 501s they sell also.

grimey retarded