Uniqlo S/S 08

onemancult

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

love the colors they have for the skinnies, but waaaaay too many folks have em...i think im gonna buy a couple and cut them into shorts though cause i love some of the colors...

omc is right, the merino sweaters are really great layering pieces and imo feel soft as fuck...

i disagree about the vests and backpacks though, i like the feel and colors of em...probably gonna buy a vest to rock it nn style or somethin...

uniqlo got me on the ill peasant status ughhh

A question if anyone miraculously remembers: how do the restocked light grey T-000's with contrast stitch match up with the Tim Hamilton Grey jeans? Any information to make my choice easier would be awesome.

TH jeans are lighter than the t000 with contrast stitching. They are not light grey, more of a charcoal grey. I didn't get the TH jeans only cause I already have light grey t000 from earlier last year (they don't have them right now). I think TH jeans are better than the contrast stitching ones, get them if you can.

im gonna be at uniqlo friday most likely, will have my camera if i go, anyone need pics of anything?

also, do they have normal sizes of the vintage chinos still?

i saw someone post a pic of grey jeans/pants with yellow stitching, is that the contrast stitching ones you guys are talking about? are they in stock? whats the model #, how do they fit?

whered you hear about the bomber jackets, any pics?

im gonna be at uniqlo friday most likely, will have my camera if i go, anyone need pics of anything?

also, do they have normal sizes of the vintage chinos still?

i saw someone post a pic of grey jeans/pants with yellow stitching, is that the contrast stitching ones you guys are talking about? are they in stock? whats the model #, how do they fit?

whered you hear about the bomber jackets, any pics?

i think the ones with the contrast stitching are the t-000's that have been mentioned before. They are considered a slim fit from what the lady described to me on the phone. As far as I know the UVC's do not have contrast stitching. Hope that helps

Is it me, or is it required to size up at least 1 (if not 2) in order not to have a beyond skintight fit with the T-000's...

I'm usually a 32 (sometimes 31) and I walked away in some 34's feeling like "wow these are reallly slim"...couldn't even get the waist done up in size 32.

Uniqlo has def changed though, im not looking down or anyone or anything but damn has the stores customers changed a whole lot.

I'd have to see this F/W 08 line to really judge if they really fell off

i'm curious as to what it means to "fall off" wrt uniqlo, they're pretty much doing the same thing they've been doing since the flagship opened. it sure beats the hell out of when the us operation was trying to be the next old navy.

their clientele is pretty diverse although i'm actually surprised there aren't more teenagers shopping there besides the occasional cat fresh from stunting on the streets of soho

I don't know b...they def. aren't baggy, nor relaxed, nor loose. I honestly just couldn't button up the waist in my normal size...

...plus I don't like my joint being squashed against my thigh as I stand and/or walk...accidents can (and will) happen.

EDIT: Mind you, I had just come from trying on some April 77 Joey's in my size and could at least do up the waist and not feel anything short of comfort...plus I just think the rise to waist proportions are better on those (A77's), so as to not crush/flash manmeat.

they've been putting out way more old navy/abercrombie style sportswear shit, their stock/line of basics has started to stray and dwindle, their outerwear is nowhere as good, quality has gone down in the denim (for a $40-50 pair of jeans)...

plus the store has started to blow. they never have anything in stock unless its XS or XL-XXXL, when their sizes are already all over the place to begin with. you figure after a year you'd be able to stock your store properly. i wear L/XL tees but wear a medium in most of their shit, including the blank tees. however, sometimes their sizing is normal, where i won't fit in a medium because that's how its supposed to be. i've noticed this with the plain oxfords especially. have one in like black, blue, grey, white, etc.. go in to buy a striped one in the same shirt, same cut, same season and just grab a medium since the line is long and get home and that shit is way fuckin small.

i really don't know why you guys are buying a tapered, tight jean and sizing up... so they're baggier?

i was in the dressing room trying on stuff and overheard some dudes talking to each other..

''damnnnn son, these shits look bangin at the bottoms but imma need a size 40 waist o suttin cuz these shits is tighttttttttt''

i luled.

that isn't the first time its happened either.

this other time i overheard 2 hispanic kids saying to each other..

person 1 - yo son watchu think about these?

person 2 - them joints is fly b, rock wit that jacket and a newsboy hat and you fresh tuh def

person 1 - you don't think these is too tight?

person 2 - nah nah, they suppose to look that way, the tight shits is whats hot son. bitches be feelin that tight shit.

person 1 - worddd

person 2 - yeah my dude, watch when you go back to school on monday bitches gon be all ova you

when it first started, it was rock solid basics and wardrobe staples. it's getting a little too stylized in the wrong direction. the designer lines have been pretty nice, but it seems like they're cutting corners to maintain price point. make shit better! the yen is hauling ass!

oh, i also forgot to mention how they changed their 4/$10 socks that come in all the colors. those things are thin as fuck now and i seem to split the toe after 2-3 wears.

Uniqlo has def changed though, im not looking down or anyone or anything but damn has the stores customers changed a whole lot.

I'd have to see this F/W 08 line to really judge if they really fell off

I wouldnt necessarily say the clientele has changed, it's just grown and become more diverse (which is obviously kind of annoying because they run out of the good sizes really quickly)

that isn't the first time its happened either.

this other time i overheard 2 hispanic kids saying to each other..

person 1 - yo son watchu think about these?

person 2 - them joints is fly b, rock wit that jacket and a newsboy hat and you fresh tuh def

person 1 - you don't think these is too tight?

person 2 - nah nah, they suppose to look that way, the tight shits is whats hot son. bitches be feelin that tight shit.

person 1 - worddd

person 2 - yeah my dude, watch when you go back to school on monday bitches gon be all ova you

lmao