Uniqlo S/S 08

onemancult

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From men.style.com

As previously mentioned, the Japanese retail behemoth has tapped the NYC collective for its Designers Invitation Project, in which emerging talents produce inexpensive capsule collections for the store. (Past participants include Alexandre Plokhov.) For its six-style line, out in March, LD produced basics like trousers, button-down shirts, polos, and over-the-knee shorts, as well as a truncated, notch-lapel two-button blazer with shirting material lining the sleeves—each available for under 80 bucks. "Think circa '68," Loden Dager's Alexander Galan says of his inspiration. "Scooter rallies at Brighton Beach, mods lounging at Parisian sidewalk cafés, sipping Pernod in the summer heat, Ace Faces on holiday, under the sun, lounging on the sands of the Riviera." For a translation, check out our exclusive slideshow.

Also: Tim Hamilton's collection for the brand is due in April. "I haven't even seen the final outcome of edits," he told us over the weekend. We'll keep you posted.

Loden Dager for Uniqlo plaid short-sleeve shirt, $29.50, white short-sleeve shirt, $29.50, red polo, $29.50, shorts, $39.50, pants, $39.50, blazers, $79.50, available at Uniqlo, 546 Broadway, NYC, (917) 237-8811, uniqlo.com

MICHAEL COHEN

6:52 AM, February 26, 2008

2302535361_3418fdc9ff.jpg

this is the jacket i'm looking for. anyone seen it? of course, i live in nyc and could check myself, but i don't want to fight the vicious soho weekend tourists if i can help it.

yeah it's there. i saw it in olive and black yesterday. small sizes going quickly like always. i only saw one XS in each color. tried on the black and almost bought it but there is a weird flap of material across the back shoulder area that throws the fit off in my opinion.

i bought those light blue jeans today with a small amount of birthday money that wouldnt have done much better. here is a photo of them with flash.

i would describe it as a true 'baby blue' or even a 'powder blue'. it is definitely a lighter shade of cyan,

as opposed to traditional light blue. there is a touch of that greyness in there.

they are not as bright as i imagined, nor are they as fruity as polishmike told me.

i think they're just fruity enough.

http://i28.tinypic.com/344pef7.jpg[/img

so any fit pic of these?!

i went to uniqlo and was looking for the uniqlo skinny fit tapered pants ( diff colors ) the khaki one in particular ... they didnt even have "one" left.. i thought it would last for about 1 more month guess i was wrong :/ anyone have em in a 31 X 34 pm me

Just received the air protection M65 in the mail today, and I'm so stoked on it.

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but why are the buttons and zipper on the right side of the jacket like women's garments?

not sure what you are talking about, but yea its a pretty awesome jacket. someone should buy the one in my sig for less than retail. BNWT.

i thought it would last for about 1 more month guess i was wrong :/

i learned that the rule is pretty much to buy anything you like right away. once it's gone it might never pop up again. the windbreakers are all gone by now and they just came out like a month ago.

i learned that the rule is pretty much to buy anything you like right away. once it's gone it might never pop up again. the windbreakers are all gone by now and they just came out like a month ago.

Yeah man.. im lucky i got 2 of the best colors imo .. black/gray navy/purple .. but yeah im not going to underestimate the time limit of nothing there anymore lol .. I mean i expect the jackets to fly off the racks..

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but why are the buttons and zipper on the right side of the jacket like women's garments?

i assume you mean looking at it on the peg (i.e. the pull is on the left side when you're wearing it)? for the zipper it's standard for european kit and presumably/possibly japan as well. once you get used to it it's no problem (until you hit the odd american jacket mixed in with your wardrobe).

i'm not sure what you mean about the buttons (i got the - buttonless - riders jacket instead), universally the lefthand side forms the placket cover and the righthand side goes underneath. again speaking from the viewpoint of wearing the thing.