Uniqlo S/S 08

onemancult

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I get some more info on the gingham shirts? Long sleeve or short? What was the fit like if you tried it on? Thanks.

They had long sleeves in. Didn't try them on, but the cut was similar to the flannels from winter; size down for a more fitted look but still a bit too wide bodied. That's just from looking at it though, fit may be different once you put them on.

I don't know if the following info has been posted yet. I can't be assed to read thru the entire thread.

2008 S/S Designer Inviation Project

Womenswear

Alexander Wang -*http://www.alexanderwang.com/

Juliana Jabour -*http://www.julianajabour.com.br/

Menswear

Timothy Hamilton -*http://www.tim-hamilton.com/

and another one (forgot)

If you're bad at dressing yourself, you could do a lot worse than imitate the uniqlo catalog.

This is a good point. The looks, for the most part, are pretty fresh but I think it's hard for us to get any inspiration from them because we've already seen where they're all coming from.

i got one of those riders jackets as well in grey. my friend also remarked that it looked like a members only jacket...

nice. but it has a nice clean look to it. so i went for it. the field jacket wasnt very impressive imo in person.

that advance picture of the london UT didn't include the peter saville one, possibly a leftover idea from his "game over" campaign for yohji yamamoto in 1991? anyway, i got a chuckle out of it.

i don't know how to link images from the uniqlo site so here's the link:

http://www.uniqlo.co.uk/catalogue/men/t-shirts-and-polos/78483-black-bachelor-paradise-by-peter-saville

Alexander Wang will be turning out a capsule collection for Uniqlo as part of their Designer Invitation Project. Another rumored collaborator is Brazilian designer Juliana Jabour, while Tim Hamilton and Loden Dager have been confirmed for spring.

I just have a feeling Hamilton and Loden Dager's collections for Uniqlo aren't going to look that 'different' from standard Uniqlo.

Alexander Wang's on the other hand will probably fly off the shelves!

we can afford to be a little lazy, as i dont think loden dager has the same cachet as cloak did... but at the same time, there was some nice shirting and outerwear that i'd

probably head there the first day for.

sorry i missed you this weekend-- visiting a sick friend upstate.

• 2 weeks later...

don't know if its been mentioned but i passed by today and they had a bunch of new skinny denumz. they're a lot like last years except softer.

from left to right: dark gray, light blue, khaki, olive, red

uniqlo001.jpg

black and light grey:

uniqlo002.jpg

dark grey, light blue and khaki:

uniqlo003.jpg

olive and red:

uniqlo004.jpg

the light blues are really interesting. the pictures don't do it justice. the color looks like a mix of light blue, lavender and light grey. really bright in person.

yeap,

it always hangs around 50

the olive ones look :cool:

quick question though,

i bought some uniqlo denim last month and had trouble finding any sizing smaller than 29 in the men's section

is this normal?

i had to snag a pair from the women's section real quick and would like to avoid unnecessary embarassment for my next trip