Uniqlo S/S 08

onemancult

Air Protection Field Jacket - $79

Air Protection Military Jacket - $99

They are nice. It's not just nylon, they have another warm layer. The military one is just a little longer, like a lightweight m65. I think the field jacket will be a great alternative to NdG jackets and it might sell quickly. It also comes in black, light gray, beige, navy and maybe one other color but I'm not sure.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think they'll do phone orders anything? I'm tempted to grab both since I'm a crazy motherfucker and layer my outerwear. Can the warm inners be removed? Then again, might just grab the military one since I like my jackets a little long / oversized.

None of the colorful windbreakers, then?

Still holding out for the poplin parka.

Air Protection Field Jacket - $79

Air Protection Military Jacket - $99

They are nice. It's not just nylon, they have another warm layer. The military one is just a little longer, like a lightweight m65. I think the field jacket will be a great alternative to NdG jackets and it might sell quickly. It also comes in black, light gray, beige, navy and maybe one other color but I'm not sure.

thanks so much for the info

its kinda hard buying something when i havent seen detailed pics or felt it in person, but the description definetly helped..

did u try it on to comment on the fit?

did u try it on to comment on the fit?

Didn't try anything today since I had to get back to work. I'll get a field jacket for myself so I'll post the pictures. It's definitely a short jacket with some cool details. As usual Uniqlo is not the highest quality but you can't beat it for that price. I suggest get you stuff early cause some of it sells out very fast.

Think they'll do phone orders anything? I'm tempted to grab both since I'm a crazy motherfucker and layer my outerwear. Can the warm inners be removed? Then again, might just grab the military one since I like my jackets a little long / oversized.

None of the colorful windbreakers, then?

Still holding out for the poplin parka.

To be honest the military one might be nicer but I already have a jacket like that so I'm not sure if I'll get it. I can take crappy phone pictures maybe tomorrow or thursday. I don't think you can remove any inners. It's not going to be very warm, just a little warmer than a regular nylon jacket.

No windbreakers or parkas, I'll let you know I want the parka as well.

This is the Lightweight Cotton Jacket

14233225ue0.jpg

will stop by tomorrow and do an update on those.

servo, try darkanimal maybe he can do pick-ups.

I might do that eventually. If they won't do phone orders I'll probably wait until those poplin parkas show up and have Dark grab a military jacket if there's one left. Hopefully by that time a decent picture will have shown up. Maybe. I'm not going to worry about it too much.

i tried on both the air protection field jacket and the military jacket. as mentioned the field jacket is definitely shorter than the military jacket. it fits true to size. it has a capeback which is pinned down at the center back of the jacket and causes the sides to stick out awkwardly when you have your hands in the pockets. ended up not getting it for this reason. went with the military jacket instead which is basically a nylon m65 with hood (not removable). this one fits a little large. im usually a medium but went with a small for this one. also, the warm inners cannot be removed, at least not on the one i got. by the way, this was on the 4th of jan. no idea of current stock.

just to clarify some confusion, there are three new spring jackets in at uniqlo, and all pretty nice. the military jacket could stand to cost less.

military jacket, shown above, in black, navy, olive/grey red, and tan. 99 dollars.

field jacket, made of cotton, in black, navy, light grey, and tan. no inner lining,

taped seams, epaulets, zip chest pockets, two side pockets, button front. 60 dollars.

what people are calling the field jacket says "air rider's jacket". it seems to be

a uniqlo-ese take on a flight jacket model. im not super familiar with that genre

of clothing but, it is a waist length nylon shell with lining, banded hem, etc etc. 79 usd.

Stopped in today.

Picked up the Air Protection Riders jacket in medium. As has been said, this is kind of a mix of a motorcycle jacket and pilot jacket. Cut nice and short and very sharp looking. Hidden hood is a bonus.

For the rest of the spring stuff, heres what I remember.

Gingham button downs. Red, baby blue, light green. Had alot of striped and solid colored butt downs too, all really nice and light feeling.

Mega-super-way too thin merino cardigans. Would have been a nice piece if they were more substantial than a piece of paper.

Cotton pea coats/cotton jacket. Nice looking and thin.

Trench coats. Neat shade of green used for one of them, but not my bag.

Had a whole bunch of really bright colored sweaters too. Stock is about 50/50 new spring/old fall on clearance. I did notice their mannequins have these really nice looking denim/canvas boat shoes with leather laces. Not sure if those are the same thing they had last season.

there's a fourth jacket, a reversible hooded jacket that is quilted on one side and plain on the other in some pretty nutty color combos that i can't really remember. it's only in the front nook and is pretty ugly.

that "field jacket" is basically a cheap shirt jacket with military detailing and oversized buttons, if you think marc by mj is the bomb you will love this one.

military jacket was really eh for me, i mean there are so many decent m-65s out there i'm not sure what this offers unless you are broke. judging from the sizes out in black, this was the most popular

i bought the riders jacket for myself, it's a little members only but looks pretty sharpish. i found it to be cut pretty tiny (fit difference between small and medium mostly negligible other than sleeve and body length). i'm not sure if it breathes particularly well but i guess we'll see, it's surprisingly warm.

if i see anyone wearing one of these on the street i'm going to yell "what's your sufu handle" in their direction

btw did anyone see any single breasted short trenchcoats out? i only saw one on a dummy downstairs

don't buy uniqlo shorts if you are in the city.

you can just make the trek to the SA outlet.

they have plenty of shorts and short sleeves from the last S/S season

for like 1/3 of the retail prices.

Can people keep an eye out for canvas boat shoes hitting the stores? I know they're not in the lookbook or anything, but I don't recall them being in the lookbook last year either. I'd love to pick up another pair this year if they're released to replace my broken lace pair from last season :/ Plus I dig their canvas boatshoes much more than the real deal (read: s.perry).

Stopped in today.

Picked up the Air Protection Riders jacket in medium. As has been said, this is kind of a mix of a motorcycle jacket and pilot jacket. Cut nice and short and very sharp looking. Hidden hood is a bonus.

For the rest of the spring stuff, heres what I remember.

Gingham button downs. Red, baby blue, light green. Had alot of striped and solid colored butt downs too, all really nice and light feeling.

Mega-super-way too thin merino cardigans. Would have been a nice piece if they were more substantial than a piece of paper.

Cotton pea coats/cotton jacket. Nice looking and thin.

Trench coats. Neat shade of green used for one of them, but not my bag.

Had a whole bunch of really bright colored sweaters too. Stock is about 50/50 new spring/old fall on clearance. I did notice their mannequins have these really nice looking denim/canvas boat shoes with leather laces. Not sure if those are the same thing they had last season.

Can I get some more info on the gingham shirts? Long sleeve or short? What was the fit like if you tried it on? Thanks.