onemancult

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

strike one: trucker cap

strike two: wayfarers

strike three: photographic print tees

while i dont completely disapprove, the collection reaches in many many directions (at least in the men's range). the mash up of junya watanabe, supreme and robert geller is rather unappealing to me...

i guess what im trying to say is the multivalency of aesthetics present in this collection undermine the coherence, practicality and narrow (though immanently wearable) scope that were appreciable in the last few collections

has Uniqlo had a singular big hit product since the polar fleece jumper days of yore, when every Japanese person on earth had one?

On the side, I wish they'd not cast their net so wide and put a little more thought into/offer more options for sizing. I consider myself to be of average Asian build (5'9, 120-140lbs depending on the season) but can't ever find anything that really fits me in Uniqlo. I'd pay the $20 or $30 for a broadcloth shirt if they offered separate neck/sleeve sizing, over the $10 they usually offer a standard S/M/L for, as I think they're quite well made and the materials are nice, but for me to fit into a medium longsleeve shirt, my wrists hang several inches past the cuffs...

Any idea when this arrives in the stores? Probably not before jan 1st right? My gf really wants to pick up a couple things there now. Some of the women's stuff is pretty cool.

I agree with mellowbonsai, some of the individual pieces are cool, but the collection isnt as good/focused as the winter one.

Then again, it is Uniqlo and not some high fashion brand, so *shrug*

i dunno, everybody was geeking out about the f/w lookbook based on the styling but the pieces' effect was much different in reality. i wouldn't hang too much on it, although the men's line does look crazy boring.

I meant that the styling isn't as focused, not that the quality was as "good".

Part of me hates Uniqlo for having such a great stylist that I get all excited, and then I get to the store, and less than a quarter of the items are interesting. At least I'm not expecting much from this collection.

The styling on some of the shots is pretty rad in paticular there field protection jacket and the windbreaker.

But as with all pieces of clothing the actual person makes it what it is. So if fat douche bags with no sense of sizing try and copy the looks and end up looking a cross between Big Momma and Eddy Izzard then you've only got yourself to blame....

I can't wait to get my hands on that fied protection jacket, windbreaker, plaid and ginghan shirts and see them in the flesh.

But for the record.....

SS08>>>>>>>>SS07

• 2 weeks later...

This is already available at Uniqlo.

Air Protection Field Jacket

Air Protection Military Jacket

Cotton Pea Coat

Lightweight Cotton Jackets

Lightweight Wool Trousers

and few nice pieces that are not on website. Servo no poplin parka yet.

Looks like they will restock most of the denim including the raw and gray ones.