Worst recent purchases

Egpt

fuuma,

i do, cause some my moms' customers/my aquaintances are actually gokudo/gangsters. i was more interested in why someone of a different ethnic backgound (vs. that of the tattoo's origins) would desire this tatoo/these kinds of tattoos. i mean, we all hate on the whiteman-bros for getting this kind of shit, but wouldn't an azn of no jap/chinese backgound warrant similar criticism? anyway that's the way i see it.

you're a cinephile so i doubt you've seen that stupid movie "american yakuza."

care to fund/produce "filipino-yakuza?" cause we already have an actor.

His tattoo is stupid.

The fact that he's a filipino with this tattoo is stupid and a poorly executed ethno-theft and should be punished by those who actually care.

You're not Germanic or Nordic. Your icon is a Germanic representation of the Swastika. If you had a Swastika one could say that you were doing the same thing, except it would be the different because the swastika is boss and germanic symbols and imagery are also very boss.

... No matter what.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not Germanic or Nordic. Your icon is a Germanic representation of the Swastika. If you had a Swastika one could say that you were doing the same thing, except it would be the different because the swastika is boss and germanic symbols and imagery are also very boss.

... No matter what.

swastika is cool, but the symbol in my avatar is not german one. please research.

I'm in as long as it's Irvington, NJ

my buddies and i used to go to a fast food restaurant called City Fried Chicken on springfield ave.

Awesome fried chicken. For 2.99, we got more food than we could ever eat.

Why is everyone hating on this tattoo so much???haha

I just went into consecutive threads where it was getting bashed. So Jmatsu, do you hate this tattoo because he isn't really asian? I don't see anything wrong with getting an asian inspired tattoo and not being asian...I am white as fuck but I love asian art, I don't really see anything wrong with it

i like gambling and cockfights, but i ain't trying to misrep my asian ethnicity by getting a filipino-"culture" tattoo. an aquintance of mine (who is not flip, but just a dumb samoan) actually likes their chicken-abortion cuisine, but he never got a balut tattoo.

oh wow, just read you last statement. nigga you fuckin stupid.

of course you don't see anything wrong, cause you're dumb. i really don't see why or how loving asian art legitimizes the misrepresentations of race/ethinicity vs. culture (and it's sad appropriation).

an aquintance of mine (who is not flip, but just a dumb samoan) actually likes their chicken-abortion cuisine, but he never got a balut tattoo.

Neg rep him for me. That would've been next level.

I honestly don't see what is wrong with it. If some of you are implying it isn't a full out traditional piece, well it isn't... It has an American emphasis on the artwork, but the meaning stays the same. (there are many other asian style pieces like this)

I've been to many well respected shops all over the Los Angeles / Orange County area, and they all love my work.

The photos of the tattoo here are "fresh", hence why my arm is red and looks bruised. (people who actually have tattoos should know this) After the healing process, it is nothing but shades of light grey. So no, it isn't a rash. The tattoo also "pops" out more after about 3 weeks of healing. No, the eyes aren't crooked.

I guess I am retarded when it comes to tattoos, and I don't know much about the asian culture but people get a ton of shit that has cultural significance and don't get it for that reason. They just get it because they like it. I'm not saying that is the case here, but there is a difference between thinking the tattoo is ugly and bashing it because it is misrepresenting someone's ethnicity/cultural background. I didn't really get the situation because I hadn't read all the posts...

I ain't stupid neitha...I just joined mensa

I honestly don't see what is wrong with it. If some of you are implying it isn't a full out traditional piece, well it isn't... It has an American emphasis on the artwork, but the meaning stays the same. (there are many other asian style pieces like this)

I've been to many well respected shops all over the Los Angeles / Orange County area, and they all love my work.

The photos of the tattoo here are "fresh", hence why my arm is red and looks bruised. (people who actually have tattoos should know this) After the healing process, it is nothing but shades of light grey. So no, it isn't a rash. The tattoo also "pops" out more after about 3 weeks of healing. No, the eyes aren't crooked.

u should have tattoed a pokemon instead since it seems to be your main area of interest(maybe after supreme keychains) . it would also fit you like a charm

I still don't understand why it's so cool to hate on dude. He got a tattoo. If you don't like it, whatever. I honestly can't believe that you don't have better things to do on the interwebs than badger someone whom you've never met about their tattoos.

*snicker* you just said "badger".

I still don't understand why it's so cool to hate on dude. He got a tattoo. If you don't like it, whatever. I honestly can't believe that you don't have better things to do on the interwebs than badger someone whom you've never met about their tattoos.

i can't believe you don't have better things to do on the interwebs then badger "someone" who wants to "badger" someone in a thread called "worst recent purchases."

yo mother teresa, why not "badger" the haters on in the vice homepage?

swastika is cool, but the symbol in my avatar is not german one. please research.

actually, the representation in your avatar IS germanic. It's pre-christian tribal germanic. It's even on the wikipedia entry for swastika. the only reason my stalker brain checked is because this is sort of a hobby of mine. It claims that Alamenni and Bavarian tribes used that exact representation. the bolts of lightning really gave it away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Zierscheiben.JPG

actually, the representation in your avatar IS germanic. It's pre-christian tribal germanic. It's even on the wikipedia entry for swastika. the only reason my stalker brain checked is because this is sort of a hobby of mine. It claims that Alamenni and Bavarian tribes used that exact representation. the bolts of lightning really gave it away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Zierscheiben.JPG

it is my opinion that the symbol was appropriated (which i don't care about either way).

i even mentioned in pm to you (why didn't you pm me), that shit is b.c.

just cause germanic people used it doesn't mean that it's germanic. it's not even the same as how many countries appropriated, and modified noodles from china.

it is my opinion that the symbol was appropriated (which i don't care about either way).

i even mentioned in pm to you (why didn't you pm me), that shit is b.c.

just cause germanic people used it doesn't mean that it's germanic. it's not even the same as how many countries appropriated, and modified noodles from china.

fair enough. i posted it here because some space-queer neg repped the comment claiming to know anything about the subject. i didn't say that because krauts utilized the symbol it becomes, from that point on, inherently germanic. i meant that the specific example used for your avatar was germanic, which i pointed out earlier. that aside, i agree. the chinese did invent the noodle. on top of that, they used it best.

Do you actually believe the shit from your quote?

????

Nwo, zionist bankers controlling the planet through the global economy, the federal reserve conspiracy, etc.

well, you're not really asking a question. Also, let's try not to further trash up this thread with politics. If you want to know how I feel, go ahead and PM me.

Swastikas or their variants are pretty basic symbols, let's not see hyperboreans everywhere as its just as stupid as the morons who saw similar arrowheads in various areas of the world and concluded they must have been in contact during prehistory and antiquity.

Swastikas or their variants are pretty basic symbols, let's not see hyperboreans everywhere as its just as stupid as the morons who saw similar arrowheads in various areas of the world and concluded they must have been in contact during prehistory and antiquity.

i agree. there are variations that are very culturally specific, as with all symbols (like effin' lighting bolts). hopefully this will end the discussion.

i agree. there are variations that are very culturally specific, as with all symbols (like effin' lighting bolts). hopefully this will end the discussion.

Oh I don't disagree, thos germanic tribes and their lightning bolts are a dead giveway it was more of a generic remark on clueless attempt a cultural pattern recognition.

if you guys are talking about the SS "lightning bolts"...those are actually runes. and the purpose of using runes i think should be pretty clear.

nah, we're talking about the bolts/sunrays (depending on the context of the symbol) used around many germanic representations of the swastika. that same representation was used in black sun symbols, which is integral to germanic and norse symbolism.

Props to you for actually knowing about germanic runes.

Every fucking ancient culture have used it from way back in the BC times. Egypt, greece, china, fucking all of them. Who cares. Jmat isn't fucking giving big ups to hitler or anything so let it go. Fucking wikipedia history majors are lame. Can't we just talk about cheesy looking tattoos?