australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

fernando frisoni (new label by old frisoni finetti designer) has just put out some basic long sleeves that i tried on today. super slim, extra long sleeves. apparently the material is 50% bamboo fibre as well, the fabric feels quite nice. my only problem with it was that the arms fit slightly slimmer than the body/torso.

are they stocking fernando frisoni at marais?

I grabbed a finetti basic on sale a while back. I would certainly not have paid the full price for it, but with that being said, for being made in chine it is very well constructed.

nothing necessarily wrong with it been made in china as such, just it's hard to justify the prices when the manufacturing costs are kept low. their pieces generally are quite nice, I found the fit to be fairly hit and miss though. if fernando frisoni is stocked in melbourne it would be at either marais or assin, been a while since I've really checked out either store.

but, more importantly, how are you enjoying the food? I have massive craving for late night Kansai style okonomiyaki!!!

Hah yeh loving the food, it just keeps getting better. I have had a lot of good Japanese in Melbounre, surprisingly but not maybe, the japanese in Melbourne compares quite well except ramen and a few bits and peices, HAH! so far.. Nothing beats home cooked meals though, i'm getting very spoilt at friends places :D

J that's a bit odd that they told you november, the first a/w drop is usually around late july. there is a small 2nd s/s collection (~20 pieces) that is dropping in parts from mid march to late may, not sure if all the stores have bought anything from it though. those j shaped jawns are being released mid to late april, however the flagstore may have them earlier (hopefully before you leave haha).

just out of curiosity what was the mark up like on the CON jawns in japan? a few CM pieces make it there too, leathers and jeans mainly.

Yeh that's only two stores, i definately didn't misunderstand as i had a good friend who is Japanese with me. The mark up wasn't so bad.. It was 10,500 for the double front viscose.... If you think about how much they would have bought it for it's not bad at all... With todays conversion it is quite terrible though.

has anyone heard from btbam lately? I got a message from him about 2 weeks ago saying that he could get me a couple of CON items and to confirm whether I would like to go through with the order but I haven't heard anything from him since.

mmmm I may have to try a custom job. perhaps roccos or some other guy i hear about a while back..

If you are after a pair of boots, revolve have the Filippa K Vince boots on sale for $299USD. And I am sure you can get a first time buyers discount of 30%. I was going to keep them under wraps until I could justify purchasing them lol, but I've given up.

Unless I can sell my St&ard boots... which have been resoled and are extremely comfy and great looking... ;)

has anyone heard from btbam lately? I got a message from him about 2 weeks ago saying that he could get me a couple of CON items and to confirm whether I would like to go through with the order but I haven't heard anything from him since.

i dont think ive ever spoken to him directly but he hasnt posted in a week or so. His profile says he was online 11 hours ago *shrugs*. Maybe he is getting his 'lurk' on. I suggest you PM him DJI

btbam may just be busy with shop opening stuff. I was hoping to grab some CON tees from him also, but I just assumed he was still waiting on stock etc.

anyone seen new collections hitting shelves?

If you are after a pair of boots, revolve have the Filippa K Vince boots on sale for $299USD. And I am sure you can get a first time buyers discount of 30%. I was going to keep them under wraps until I could justify purchasing them lol, but I've given up.

Unless I can sell my St&ard boots... which have been resoled and are extremely comfy and great looking... ;)

wow, thanks for the heads up, the boots are amazing. I am a size 11US, they only have 44 left. Are they too small?

Temmmmmpting to buy now... I hate bills and rent%$^%!! Want to cry hah. Although if 44 is not my size I will feel better...

the viridi anne coat I own is fucking awesome. Materials are top notch and the construction is awesome. Riri zips, versatile colour and fit, would pretty much suit any mood. why havent you bought it yet?

I did pm him back and tried emailing him a couple of times. guess he's just busy, new CON isn't due for a couple of weeks anyway so there isn't any rush.

wept if that hoodie was a size 1 I would have pulled the trigger on it myself, go for it man icon14.gif.

So I did the research, they are apparently an equivalent size 10? Mmmmm not sure I could squeeze into that....

I wear an 11 in chuck taylors and CON, and generally fit a 44 in other brands. So this is what I feared, you would also be a size 11!

How about you buy them, and if they don't fit, or you don't like them, I'll take them off your hands...

OR buy my St&ards and I'll buy them myself...

I wear an 11 in chuck taylors and CON, and generally fit a 44 in other brands. So this is what I feared, you would also be a size 11!

How about you buy them, and if they don't fit, or you don't like them, I'll take them off your hands...

OR buy my St&ards and I'll buy them myself...

I'm kind've excited now haha.. Can I have a pic of said St&ards??

Seriously though i'm not sure much could beat the sexiness of the FK boots.