australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

yo pandemonium thanks for the info.

a follow-up question (since I now need to order off the internet):

anyone know how these fit?

I wear us 10 in Nike, and us 9 in chucks. what size should i get in desert boots?

cheers

Have you bought it yet? If not, you'd need a 10. Or 10.5 if you have wide feet.

Bought mine online and they fit ridiculously tight, had to wear them without socks.

also what are some cool brands of shoe to check out about melbourne

over schmoove, quality of love thy neighbour is questionable, and CON seems like i'd wear through the sole in a week.

what else is there?

sneakers, dress shoes, patent leathers, whatever. just nothing (too) common.

chadstone is classier but seriously there's nothing there.

the only store i look at is GPC (for their ksubi/diffusion lines) and FAT

yep. thats all that gets a look from me..

yo are you looking for mainly winklepickers?

i'd just stick to schmoove.

back to shoes. yeah, winklepickers, common project-esque sneaks, etc. not really fussed. but needs good construction / durability.

i discounted love thy neighbour before, but has anyone here had first hand experience with their shoes? some of the models look wearable..

fuck i wish matboy would make their footwear available.

I remeber one of my friends telling me he saw heaps of converse from like $50 to $80 bucks at those wear house places... best to call them first cause they are normally in the sticks

yeah i've been to one of those at the essendon DFO. didn't have any of the classic designs just the shit with flames, skulls etc.

thanks anyway dude.

common projects...

i think love thy neighbour is quite good.

stay away from gram/swear

having owned both grams and love thy neighbours, grams have far better construction IMO, and will last longer b/c the soles are thicker by a long shot, and the upper material is generally more stiff, making them much more stable

but the styling of love thy neighbours are waaaay better. just don't wear 'em everyday and you'll be fine, i'd say... i have the jokers (i.e. pointy thin leather lows) and the sole ripped recently, after wearing them through moderately hard through the last year. i may get them re-soled soon but the upper part is quite soft, so the effort may be in vain. sigh...

Coming to melbourne for 3 nights next week,

already know about marais and assin, they are top of my list.

where else do you suggest? also any good vintage or op shops

i guess they're both overpriced but they do have sales from time to time i guess. BUT even then you're probably talking about say, $1500 down to ~$650-800 (outerwear) at best, so whatever...

the SA at marais was probably the nicest SA i've ever met though, strangely enough.