australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

perfect timing! i now apparently owe centrelink $2600 for under declaring my youth allowance from 2008-2011. anyone else had to deal with them?

I thought I might owe them a little bit but that seems exponentially higher than anything I expected, plus I distinctly recall my account being audited a couple of times and there not being any issues..... :(

Edited by jackg

Damn! I got done like this a few years back.

There isn't much you can do other than negotiating the lowest possible payback increments.

They'll also take your tax returns until you have paid the entire amount back.

perfect timing! i now apparently owe centrelink $2600 for under declaring my youth allowance from 2008-2011. anyone else had to deal with them?

I thought I might owe them a little bit but that seems exponentially higher than anything I expected, plus I distinctly recall my account being audited a couple of times and there not being any issues..... :(

i know this advice is too little too late, but i tend to crank up the percent of tax that centrelink take off my pay. I think they set it at 10% or so unless you ask for them to take out more from the gross. This way, when tax time comes around they owe me.

Its a shit system and i feel your pain man

yeah it stinks.

I finished my undergraduate degree in november last year and when I got into my masters program they cut me off straight away then asked for the last 6 months of pay invoices from my workplaces which I provided. I didn't hear anything from them for three months after which I had to move back home because centrelink was paying for me to live in melbourne and I didn't think to update my address, but apparently they sent my old address a number of letters to which I obviously didn't respond. It would appear they then promptly sold my debt to a private debt collector who I now have to deal with. Considering I did my tax return, my earlier centrelink registration and application and all other governmental paper work from my home address you would think they could have been slightly more resourceful in trying to track me down instead of palming it off to a private company. fml

thankfully its only money i guess...

Edited by jackg

• 3 weeks later...

is there any store(s) in Melbourne stocking the nike x gyakusou stuff?

incu had a couple pieces (don't know how much exactly) and it was half price like 2 months ago. i don't know if people here knew what's up with that collection or if it just didn't sell but pretty much everything was on sale. it's kinda my fault they stocked it though lol

rhd in adelaide is the only store in australia that stocks samurai and flat head.

anyone going to moz in dec?

i'm not but i'm going to REFUSED fuck i never thought i'd see them live ever, got into them after they were fucking dead. swans too. but they performed too. amazing.

I totally get where people are coming from with regards to everyman having access to the uniqlo that we wanted to ourselves. But don't you think it would be a good thing that we no longer need to 'fiend' over these fast fashion/basics massed produced in China? It's kinda fucked that we do.

^ concur. this is a good thing. laymen won't be beasting over uniqlo. let's be frank, it's hardly well-styled / marketed. the hordes will persevere with zara / topshop / h&m (do we even have one yet?) / etc.

Edited by home

i just got the apc '87 anniversary hood in from tresbien but its way too small on me, even by apc standards. size xl but i'd say fits more like a m or a small l - bnwt and can provide measurements. has small apc embroidery on the bottom right as well. paid $165, will sell for $150ppd in aus.

http://www.tresbienshop.com/brand/apc/anniversary-hoodie-bordeaux

I'm visiting both Sydney and Melbourne in October. I'm looking for some stores that stock high end raw denim - think the flathead, samurai, imperial etc. Any recommendations?

Imperial used to be stocked in Melb, not anymore. Email info (at) imperial (dot) st if you want to buy a pair via email