Tyro1

australia :: melbourne :: shopping

they stock mostly hem and haw stuffs, shirts, many jeans etc

lovethyneighbour footwear

some bassike stuffs

cheap monday i think aswell

What does Bobbys Cuts usually stock? Anything exciting?

some bassike stuffs

also gram footwear i think, not completely sure though since i haven't been in a fair while. same with who am eye.

Going to be in Melbourne for a week of Feb/Mar with my friend. Any good musicy events from 27th to 5th? Nice watering holes? Touristy things to do?

some bassike stuffs

also gram footwear i think, not completely sure though since i haven't been in a fair while. same with who am eye.

thanks.... i was just curious.. unfortunately im back at home and no longer in Melbourne

COME ON!!!!!!!!

He's a cunt, but I'm still going for him. Hopefully he wins tonight.

oh yeh i will still support him but that doens't mean i have to like him. His dummy spits arn't even funny like John McEnroe.

I like him, but he was never going to beat Djokovic - especially after his 5am finish.

Fed will continue to dominate hard-court tennis, mark my words.

Does anyone else bet on the tennis? Nothing like running 5 leg multi's in the first week..

Don't know if anyone already mentioned this:

- Genki (My fave fave fave shop)

- Chiodo

- Assin

- Greville Records

- Collins Street

I'm boycotting FAT so I'm NOT going to recommend people to go there!

haha there's no way you can prevent Australians talking about sport :D

Don't know if anyone already mentioned this:

- Chiodo

- Assin

- Greville Records

- Collins Street

I'm boycotting FAT so I'm NOT going to recommend people to go there!

too bad, i go to FAT.

- Chiodo

- Assin

- Greville Records

- Collins Street

havent been to a couple of these.

can people start listing location of store / brands carried / price ranges / etc. for the supernoobs.

also, good polos in melbourne? no preppy shit (aka lacoste/RL/etc). thinking slim black fred perrys - where to robokop?

why, whats your problem with fat?

Well... personally I find the shop to be extremely pretentious... the shop assistants are never helpful... most of them are extremely lazy that a few times when I asked them for sizes they wouldn't look it up and just said that they didn't have any but when I came back the next day voila the size I was after was on the rack ...

I bought a skirt 2 years ago from them and inside one of the pockets there's a receipt that belongs to one of the staff in the shop complete with the name of the staff on the receipt... meaning they've been wearing stuff from the rack and sell them again to us...

but I guess it's a matter of preference... I personally would rather spend my money at places where I can get good service...

also, good polos in melbourne? no preppy shit (aka lacoste/RL/etc). thinking slim black fred perrys - where to robokop?

You can get fred perry's at Myers ;)

i have mixed thoughts towards the staff at FAT, sometimes extremely enthusiastic about making convo, sometimes actually quite helpful/nice, other times negligent/pretentious. either way i rarely require assistance at stores anyway so it doesn't bother me... unless they outright lie to you of course (e.g. sizes available)

Great map but might need to be moved or a link copied to the first post.home? Hmm im not sure how too add places on this but can you add Centre Pl as a great place to have supercheap lunch. Also great cafes here ie. AIX Cafe.

Well... personally I find the shop to be extremely pretentious... the shop assistants are never helpful... most of them are extremely lazy that a few times when I asked them for sizes they wouldn't look it up and just said that they didn't have any but when I came back the next day voila the size I was after was on the rack ...

I bought a skirt 2 years ago from them and inside one of the pockets there's a receipt that belongs to one of the staff in the shop complete with the name of the staff on the receipt... meaning they've been wearing stuff from the rack and sell them again to us...

but I guess it's a matter of preference... I personally would rather spend my money at places where I can get good service...

the shop assistants try to be helpful but they end up very dopey in my opinion.

self-serve.

Just click the edit button on the left hand pannel, then place markers...

Good idea to copy it into the first post, wait for Home to log on I guess.

Done, done and done. Top stuff tyro.

Will add some locations when I get a chance tomorrow.

For those of you contributing to the map, please add a brief description of the store (labels, foods, prices, etc.)

thanks for the map!

I'll use it when I'm in Melbourne in Feb!

Baked eggs...? I want baked eggs NOW. Do you really have to go around the world to get baked eggs?

Forgot to mention Cactus Jam... they have men stores as well... and if you go to their store in Hawthorn there's a really nice French cafe nearby called La Tropezienne (780 Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn) who makes delicious macaroons... hmmm.....

- Cactus Jam

- Cose Ipanema (CDG, Yohji, Dries Van Noten, etc)

- La Tropezienne

- ITO (Japanese Restaurant)

thanks for the map!

I'll use it when I'm in Melbourne in Feb!

Baked eggs...? I want baked eggs NOW. Do you really have to go around the world to get baked eggs?

baked eggs? what is this delight you speak of?

does it only exist in australia?

It's somewhere in the Sufu Melbourne gmap. Something Eatery on Gertrude st.

I'm definitely going to check the Melbournite baked eggs despite the 30°C+ temperature!