australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

dont know how cheap some of these places are, but im always satisfied grabbing a foccacia or similar in one of the many tiny-ass cafes on & around flinders lane. no names come to mind though.

meetup could be cool, perhaps post-summer holidays..

Anyone ever been to the Mjolk store on Guildford Lane? Says by appointment only on their site..

I take for granted prices are retail + no sales?

Wonder if they stock the shoes in their photoshoots - some next level shit right thurr.

I think shopping by appoitment would be really intense though, like you would feel bad if you didnt buy anything? :D

Precisely what I'm thinking. Especially since I don't have a whole lot of coin to drop atm.

Would love to hear of some experiences there first..

Precisely what I'm thinking. Especially since I don't have a whole lot of coin to drop atm.

Would love to hear of some experiences there first..

fuck that i would just go... it doesn't matter if you don't buy anything...stop being a guuuurly man.

Really cheap not bad Japaneses food at Don Don near the Library, or Centreway / Degraves for good sandwiches etc. Really lunch food...

cosign on degraves..one of the best cheap places to eat..$5 for a burger with the lot, $4 rolls and those folds for 6.50 are amazing.. Don Don is also a great little japanese place..There is also an amazing cheap thia place on Russel st.. Yum Thia or something...its got a green sign.. Near the library

i find ajison ramen relatively cheap for what u get, just don't order any rice dishes n get the ramen there. i want to try out all the types there but always end up getting either the aussie outback ramen or the spare ribs ramen.

sorry dood, but ajisen ramen gets pretty dull for my liking. i don't think it's worth the 10 dollars.

any other places?

preferably non-japanese.

there's a really decent Pho on russel st, between lt. bourke and lonsdale i think. i forgot the name, mi gong or something? it has that 'grubby' look most crappy places have, but the food more than makes up for it! plus, under 10 bucks

as far as japanese goes i wouldn't recommend tomodachi in melbourne central, it's not the worst, but IMO not worth the price they charge. i prefer chocolate buddha at fed square as an alternative if you're considering the same price range (20+ish pp). wagamama in QV i believe sucks as well, but meshiya is pretty good especially for its pricing.

anyone know of good places for thai food? i only know spicy noodle cafe on latrobe st near melb central, which i heard is one of the better ones but stlll any others?

I'm not from melbourne, but seeing as nobody's mentioned it: Don't Come.
^ although it hasn't been discussed to great length, it was mentioned earlier in the first page.

is there anything there worth peeping?

no. schwipe is so shit its not even worth mentioning. australian 10deep i tell yas!
this is true...

ok won't come.

anyone frequent alice euphemia in cathedral arcade? i always forget to check it out when im in the cbd.. think they stock beat poet and claude maus so it can't be all that bad, can it?

also, nudie on lt collins - what dry black coated is in stock atm? TF? LJ? SJ?

best thai food I've had in melbourne is on Victoria Street, Cant remember the name of the place, but it's on the city side of North Richmond station, on the opposite side of the road, (so really near the intersection as opposed to the Vietnamese end...)

Quality Japanese food in melbounre begins and ends with Yu.U, SUFU APPROVED!

yessss, the orange place. their salads are small and pricey but really nice and u can just eat it with their noodle dishes which are pretty cheap. it's also owned by actual thais. btw pandemonium, there's a decent thai place near where u live. it faces the street where there are all the doctors and it's in the corner.

Ying Thai on Lygon is Awesome

Chatterbox at Tivoli Arcade along bourke is Great too(try the Crispy Chicken with Curry Sauce)

Sushi Ten at Port Phillip Arcade along Flinders Lane is great too for the Chirashi Don

Theres always Stalatites along Lonsdale for 24hr Soulvaki

hah i walked past chatterbox almost everyday at uni (since i go to RMIT bourke st) during the last 2 years, yet i never got around to actually trying it...

you still in Melb? You should try it. really really good. the Bak Kut Teh there is great too. and the chicken mushroom noodle. I'm beginning to sound like a sales person