australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

So where do melbourne peeps buy slightly higher end fashion clothes, for example:

Raf Simmons, Dior Homme, CdG, Martin Margiela, Jil Sander, Helmut Lang, etc

I know Assin and Chiodo stock a few of these are there any other places? How about sale times? Any one ever get any of this stuff for good prices?

• 1 month later...

There's not too much more tyro, but you can check out

Cose Ipanema (owned by the people that run Assin) - they have a store on collins st, and one on toorak road. They do stuff like Yohji and Dries, also Comme...

Also, Eastern Market (I think), new store off Grattan st in Carlton, they are pretty high end a bit alterrnative - CCP, Augusta, Carpe Diem, etc.

No BUT cactus jam does (in QV centre). with that said, they only go down to size 30, and are overpriced (like $270AUD). So my advice, dodgy as it is, is to go in, find your size, and buy them from APC online. even after shipping they will be cheaper.

And I don't have any real moral qualms about this, because Cactus Jam's prices are WAAAAY too high. I've seen jackets from japan there with a retail of 20,000 yen (original price tags still attatched) that they were selling for like $550AUD. That is fucked.

• 6 months later...

EDIT

Melbourne supermap:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=108563493193633104817.0004446368e124b40c39e&ll=-37.830667,144.978161&spn=0.066436,0.159645&z=13&om=0

Add your favourite shops, bars, cafes, brothels, etc.

Please add short description of type of store, labels carried, cuisine served, etc. - shit is pretty useless with just the shop name

Marais has an "up to 50% off sale" that started last friday until the public sale begins, though i haven't actually went there myself so i have no idea how good it is... i just got it in the mail. still, like with Assin you'd have to be pretty loaded. definitely.

1st floor Royal Arcade (between lt. collins and bourke)

for those of you who are into claude maus, their flagship store in manchester lane is having a sale at the moment. not sure how heavily discounted the items will be (maus girls seem tight), but might be worth checking out. i'm aching to get one of their leather jackets or coats, but I dont have $800+ dollars to drop at the moment. should have bought last season when they were around $500. damned inflation.

Yeh agreed this needs its own thread...

I would like to mention:

All of The Above: Some pretty nice tees and rag and bone and imperial jeans, friendly service and also a cold beer last time i went..woo...

Fat: As mentioned above, some pretty nice clothing.

Assin: Very pricey, friendly service though and of course some very nice articles of clothing. F/W 07 Dior Homme came in the other day, checked it out.. It was nice but you would have to drop some serious coin to get any of it...

I would like to mention:

All of The Above: Some pretty nice tees and rag and bone and imperial jeans, friendly service and also a cold beer last time i went..woo...

Assin: Very pricey, friendly service though and of course some very nice articles of clothing. F/W 07 Dior Homme came in the other day, checked it out.. It was nice but you would have to drop some serious coin to get any of it...

I would like to mention:

do u recall if assin has the dior bee polo in a size small?

I would like to mention:

do u recall if assin has the dior bee polo in a size small?

Boxing day sales are only a couple days away now, does anyone indulge? Is it even worth indulging?

The last time I wondered out on the 26th was many years ago and nearly all of my shopping was done at Myer/DJs - needless to say, I got some 'bargains'. lol.

What's boxing day shopping like in some of the smaller boutiques around Melbourne (the fats, assins, etc.)? Any serious discounts? I guess with sales you gotta be in the right place at the right time to robocop gooooooood.

Boxing day sales are only a couple days away now, does anyone indulge? Is it even worth indulging?

The last time I wondered out on the 26th was many years ago and nearly all of my shopping was done at Myer/DJs - needless to say, I got some 'bargains'. lol.

What's boxing day shopping like in some of the smaller boutiques around Melbourne (the fats, assins, etc.)? Any serious discounts? I guess with sales you gotta be in the right place at the right time to robocop gooooooood.

Yeah I posted that there, its on Smith Street Collingwood can't remember the exact number. Just take the 86 tram from Bourke St, you'll see it after you pass Safeway.

Yeah, it's right near safeway from memory - up from most of the factory outlets down the end of the street.

Haven't been there in about a year, but they did have a fairly nice selection of AM sunglasses.