australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

at the last minute i was offered an interview for the digital marketing department of australia post in melbourne (i'm in adelaide), but i can't make it because my university graduation is on the same day. i was offered an interview on thursday, but virgin/tiger flights are sold out and qantas doesn't arrive in time. they are only doing interviews on the tuesday and wednesday, and i can't make either. motherfucker. :(

edit: i could potentially fly qantas business class as there are lots of flights available, but i currently work in retail part-time so there's no way i could afford that.

Edited by conqueror

i can't really afford the $600ish for business class flights. also, this is an 'initial' interview - if i was successful, i would have to go back the following week for a final interview with the head of hr. its a grad program, and this first interview is stage 5 of a 6 stage process. i've passed the first 4 stages (initial application/cognitive testing/phone interview/webcam interview).

missing graduation is not an option - i've already paid for my gown etc ($250) and i have some family attending.

Edited by conqueror

• 1 month later...

Conqueror. Totally worth it, I graduated last year with a major in marketing and I'm the only one of my mates that I graduated with who landed a job.

Slim/tapered trousers? I tend to wear my suits without the jackets more often than not, have found the trousers aren't quite slim enough when paired with other jackets.

Anywhere around the cbd/collingwood area

150-300

Congratulations on the job front! I am finishing my masters at the end of this year and am currently applying for marketing related jobs, its draining my life! 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^ yeah i'm down, jack. you still living down the coast?

2 questions.

i need a pair of black AF1's pronto - who stocks them locally?

where can i get CHEAP clothing alts done? preferably in the CBD? my industrious eastern european ladies in the burbs are good, but fuck they be expensive.

Yeah I am (hopefully not for much longer), but I am up Melbourne way a fair bit as well. 

1 // Nike, Carhartt, Dakota 501, Evolve, Prime (wouldn't hurt to call and double check these places though as I haven't been into any of them in ages) 

2 // Try "Alternations Now", the sound reasonably good (I haven't personally used them though)

I recall reading about that like 12 months ago....something about people getting their leases cut early etc etc? I guess its not happening anytime soon. 

haha 6 years is far too long to have spent at university, dragging my heels so hard at the moment. thankfully I have one subject and my thesis write up to go and then I can get the fuck out. And fingers crossed if Tuesday goes well a good internship. 

^good luck man

i'm down for a meetup since the summer one never happened

COS at gpo would fit well, wonder how much markup they'll be though ...

more interested in uniqlo to be honest though, and how well they will do in australian market