australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

bummer, i just came home last night and didn't have a smartphone/computer with me but that looks great. i did randomly walk into an opsm in melbourne and even though the range was limited it was miiiiiiiiles ahead of the opsm's in adelaide. also, the sunglass range in david jones (was there buying perfume) looked crazy but it could have all been just women's? the cdg play store is cool but i dunno how long it will last.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm studying at Melb, so will be looking for a raw denim stores, No nudies pls for god sakes that thing is everywhere in GP David Jones lt collins.

do recommend me any good store that stocks Imperial, Samurai, IH or Momotaro.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Trying to get more fashionable and building up a catalog of Melbourne based stores. How are these?

Harrolds

Incu

Someday store

Up there store

Kaeho

Parliament Clothing

Nana Judy and Friends

Black Box Boutique

Streetx

CAPSULE

Stay Fitted

Bread

Surfstitch

Genral Pants Co

The Iconic

Country Road

Roger David

Apartment

Dirtbox

Topman

Dejour Jeans

I love Ugly

Prime

Politix

Witchery

Fat4

For Tomorrow

Acne

Assin

Zambesi

Somewhere

Anywhere I can find more? tah

For Tomorrow is only an online store I think.

There's Eastern Market, Cose Ipanema, Marais, Chiodo, and Left you can add to the list.

Thanks for the shops, Online is fine I guess.

Streetx is based in Perth, actually.

You're right. Tah.

^ politix surely takes the cake..

anyone tried a pair of oscar wylee frames? (http://www.oscarwylee.com.au/) friend put me onto it, dirt cheap, have got a bunch of demos on the way. i'm truly sick of paying the prices i invariably pay for spectacles. last pair topped 600 from memory - fuck australia. will report back - i've got quite the narrow face / large head so hopefully one or two fit..

Edited by home

^ ha, i'm the opposite. none really come small enough. got my trial pairs in the mail today - well decent for the price (matte finishes are a umpteen times nicer than the glossy). the reeve model is the only one that fits my little eyes, ha.. i ordered them on a whim thinking they looked a little feminine on the male model, but now i'm not so sure..

thoughts?

http://www.oscarwyle...tical/reeve-183

010_reeve_006.png

0991_1.jpg

edit: also i just got four of these much-hyped guys in the post, uniqlo slim fit oxfords, but they're a little small on me. quality seems to be on par with my $200 ervell shit. if fact, material feels even nicer and killer colours to boot.

http://www.uniqlo.co...s-casual-shirts

69_076081_large.jpg

navy, blue, off-white and olive, all JP medium / US small, BNWT. drop me a line if you'd like to take all four off my hands and i'll throw in free postage.

Edited by home

those frames look good, although i don't know what you look like personally. you're 6ft right? i knew when you said you ordered a JP M they would be too small, uniqlo sleeves are usually way short. i'm 6'1 and need a L or XL depending on the fit i want. i'm sure you'll be able to get rid of them easily, though.

those frames look good, although i don't know what you look like personally. you're 6ft right? i knew when you said you ordered a JP M they would be too small, uniqlo sleeves are usually way short. i'm 6'1 and need a L or XL depending on the fit i want. i'm sure you'll be able to get rid of them easily, though.

i am. actually, sleeves are bang on - it's the body length that's a little short. i got a long torso (read: short legs) so they might very well work on someone else as tall as i am.

i take anything from (jp) M-XL in uniqlo which makes proxying a bit of challenge.. i'll probably rue saying this but i can't wait for uniqlo to open in melbourne. next year, right guys?

Edited by home

i applied for the uniqlo management trainee program and got through to the 1 on 1 interviews (after cognitive testing/phone interview) - however, they wanted me to fly to melbourne and i wasn't able to due to uni exams. pretty sure they said the melbourne store would be open by xmas 2013.

edit: whilst you're here, how much does assin sell avignon by cdg for? i can't find any australian stockists anywhere - luckyscent have it but shipping is $40. ugh.

Edited by conqueror

Hi, I am living in Sydney. Does anyone know where to buy Julius_7 or MA_Julius stuff locally other than Pieces n Harrolds? I have to wear size 3 to 4 (L in clothes, 44 in shoes) so it has been pretty difficult for me to find anything that is available.

Edited by superDioplus

I'm going to melbourne soon and just wondering if there is anywhere that stocks ervell, geller or schneider

also any stores in particular that sell XS sizes, I know harrolds does but otherwise it's p. hard to find stores in Australia that do