australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

Has anyone ever been to the Melbourne Cup? Is there a formal dress code?

Any other tips for the Cup?

Depends where you are. In the members' nursery and any other members' area you must wear a tie and jacket and pants (no jeans). I'm guessing by this question you're not in the birdcage. If you're just going gen admin don't fucking bother

• 2 weeks later...

Heading to a conference in Torquay second week of December, followed by a long weekend in Melbourne with my gf. What's good, people? Have a bunch of restaurants and meet-ups organised already, looking for shopping recommendations and fun activities to do with homegirl. Haven't been to Melbourne for about a year. Pretty excited.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been searching and searching in vain... Is there and chainstiching services available for denim in Melbourne?

There is a guy in Sydney named Mikhail Zenon (http://mikhailzenon.com/blog/) who can chain-stitch hem jeans. I just had 6 pairs (!) of Japanese repro jeans hemmed by him. Excellent service and a really nice guy. Get in touch.

Mmmm, the basic ingredients in any leather conditioner are oil & wax, so if you want a non-coating conditioner that is unscented, simply buy a good quality animal oil.

Any additives other than oil/fat serves no purpose in actually feeding the leather.

Would strongly recommend against using cosmetic products on leathers - dermatology and leathers don't mix, and you'll end up changing the nature of the grain much more than if you used a simple, but effective leather feed.

Edited by mikecch

Haven't been here for the longest time (probably because I'm not in Australia atm lol), sup all. D, I applaud your courage...seriously. The result turned out great - I would say it actually looks a little better after you washed it.

that actually looks like it would be good for clothes.

Except you'd have to have a damn good memory to remember where you put your jawns haha. But yeah, definitely cool storage.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow vans are so expensive in australia. 100 bucks for a pair you can get for 45 in the us at the vans store. When i went to the mall i saw a bogan couple for the first time. You could see the girl's ass cheeks hanging out from her shorts. Would've taken a picture but I was with my little cousin.

anyone knows about the Mastermind Japan Crossover shop on swanston? apparently this Chinese kid got the dealership from MMJ and opened a shop, but i thought Marais is the only spot? i met the owner once and he's a cocky ass super rich dude, just curious about the whole thing coz i don't really believe he got the dealership.

Does anyone know of anywhere in the South Yarra / Prahran / Bayside area that alters jeans and are relatively young and fashion concious. I've been to a few older people to get pants/jeans altered and they just seem to either fuck them up or do a bad job. They dont really understand what I want. ruined my new APC's the other day.

Does anyone know of anywhere in the South Yarra / Prahran / Bayside area that alters jeans and are relatively young and fashion concious. I've been to a few older people to get pants/jeans altered and they just seem to either fuck them up or do a bad job. They dont really understand what I want. ruined my new APC's the other day.

i've been here a few times and they are quite good. old european couple run the tiny place. http://maps.google.c...966544484123854

Shop 5

3 Murphy St

Sth Yaz

Edited by jakie