australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

My list looks like this:

- Long coat (length of the OV looks spot on)

- Tanks with scalloped hems, black and dust

- Drkshdw detroits in waxed black or dust (or both)

- One of Mike Lowery's oxidised signet rings

- Linen type material blazer/jacket

- Long-ish linen type dress shirts (DD style)

- Drop crotch leggings/sweats (CM me thinks)

- Grenson or Loake dress shoes

My list keeps changing. At the moment all i can think of:

-An array of really well fitting button ups

-dress pants (something interesting and slim)

-dress shoes

-grey denim

-some sort of fucking COAT!!

-lame basics (never ending quest concept)

0, PM'd about sweats.

Also, I try not to include work clothes in my list, but I am forever on the look out for well fitting button ups. I usually end up buying ones with the fabric I like and just have them tailored. Teamed with Saint Augustine pants, which are nice and slim (not really interesting, but get their fair share of passer-by man love).

Hmm i think i tried on the st augustine pants the other week. From memory they were verrryyy nice.

Just took a button up to the tailor to have slimmed down. Not entirely sure if he understood just how slim i wanted it. Time to find an ultra progressive, no-questions-asked tailor.

My list is simple is pretty simple really:

- Winter Coat.

- Drop crotch sweats

- Drkshdw Berlins in black or Dark Shadow

- lame basics (of course)

I am pretty set right now really, happy with all my shoes which is good.

I got an amazing grey pair of saint augustine academy dress pants on ebay. Extremely slim fitting and nice soft material (cotton/rayon/silk blend) if i remember correctly. Only thing that puts me off a little is the side pockets flare out a little, h8 this, but it seems to happen with most of my dress pants for some reason.

I dont really ave a 2cop list tbh, wants and needs come and go week by week. Like to keep my options open hah....

those saa pants hand washable or dry clean only 50? I'm too lazy to haul shit back and forth to the dry cleaner every week, hence why I have cheap and machine washable uniqlo slim slacks haha.

I try to plan my purchases in advance so I don't end up copping stuff I have to resell :o.

Flock, excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference between the Detroit and Berlin cut?
berlin are a carrot leg cut, where as detroit is a slim straight no? keep in mind that no drkshdw jeans are really skinny at all, not even the womens stretch pair I sold.

Yep D is right. I actually think really skinny jeans look bad with RO trainers and as that is what i am wearing almost all the time these days, i like the look looser fit of the berlin's with them.

Yo D, whats Lui Hon Quality like? Is it made in AUS?

Ive been following him for a while, we speak on face book occasionally as well. Really nice guy.

that reminds me, I really should add some of you guys on FB

the pieces I've handled are extremely nice, most of it is made from a very soft merino wool. didn't have a chance to handle any of the leather pieces as they sold through so quickly, however the leather cowl neck top that lui was wearing when I saw him at assin a few weeks back looked incredible. all made in Australia, and yeah Lui is a really nice guy :).

Good question D, i'm not at home to ceck but will when I return tomoz. Another pos thing about them is they're extra long and tuck into my boots perfectly. The same doesn't apply with my Filippa K black slacks they're much shorter and continually come out (awkward/annoying) but work well with regular shoes and hopefully perfectly wit me new ceepee officer boots :-). I tend to wear them a fair few times before washing.... think last time I just threw them in the machine on delicates haha... only cost me $60 so epic get for that price.

Speaking of purchases I guess you could put this on my to cop/rail list:

04.jpg