high-rise /dropped crotch denim and pants?

superBobo

Ive more and more come to realise that I find almost all jeans to have too low rise, for me to be able to wear them as I´d prefer and have the silhouette I like..

Im wearing LVC 37s on the hips right now, which is sort of the look im after, but not exactly.

so, Im in the marke for some good quality, high rise/dropped crotch, slouchy denim (or duck/drill pants), no slim cuts. Preferebly something thats possible to get a hold of in EU/US. Im liking a lot of Kapitals pants, but the inseams are too short.

kapital cuts, to get an idea:

20071013111136-view.jpg

20070315184327-view.jpg

20070315165702-view.jpg

The only thing I seem to have posted on in Superfuture is this brand - not sure why (I have absolutely no connection to them whatsoever) - but have you looked at the Tin House high-rise trousers, made by Old Town?

http://www.tinhouse.co.uk/highrise.htm

http://www.old-town.co.uk/products08.htm

They're very well made, and all their clothes are made by hand, to order, I think. I have a pair in the medium-weight cotton drill, but you might want to consider them in one of the many other materials they make them in, depending on whether you went for the Old Town or Tin House ranges (same people, different fabrics). It's probably worth mentioning that their 'vintage style' denim they have isn't the kind of thing you look for on Superfuture. I seem to recall it being a softer, looser weave, and possibly made in Italy. The heavy cotton drill might be more your thing.

I've got a pair of these in a 32 (because the rise is so high, you can really wear them on your waist), and I take a 34 in most jeans I own, including looser fits like '37 501s and '20s 201s. The medium-weight cotton drill stretches a bit, so you would have to consider that. But they are quite snug on the butt, so if you like a little anti-fit round the back, you'd probably want to consider going true to size. Inseam is fairly long (I don't have mine with me so I can't measure them for you - but when I wear them on the hip, I need to cuff the bottoms twice, and I'm 6ft tall).

Hope this helps.

SuperBobo, are you sure that those inseams are too short on those Kapitals? Seems they're 33" - 34" on most models but then the rise is ~12" and if you wear them on your hips, there should be plenty of length. Like "normal" jeans with 35" - 36" inseam.

Edit: Ok, some of them have 30" rise... :)

The only thing I seem to have posted on in Superfuture is this brand - not sure why (I have absolutely no connection to them whatsoever) - but have you looked at the Tin House high-rise trousers, made by Old Town?

http://www.tinhouse.co.uk/highrise.htm

http://www.old-town.co.uk/products08.htm

They're very well made, and all their clothes are made by hand, to order, I think. I have a pair in the medium-weight cotton drill, but you might want to consider them in one of the many other materials they make them in, depending on whether you went for the Old Town or Tin House ranges (same people, different fabrics). It's probably worth mentioning that their 'vintage style' denim they have isn't the kind of thing you look for on Superfuture. I seem to recall it being a softer, looser weave, and possibly made in Italy. The heavy cotton drill might be more your thing.

I've got a pair of these in a 32 (because the rise is so high, you can really wear them on your waist), and I take a 34 in most jeans I own, including looser fits like '37 501s and '20s 201s. The medium-weight cotton drill stretches a bit, so you would have to consider that. But they are quite snug on the butt, so if you like a little anti-fit round the back, you'd probably want to consider going true to size. Inseam is fairly long (I don't have mine with me so I can't measure them for you - but when I wear them on the hip, I need to cuff the bottoms twice, and I'm 6ft tall).

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I just bought 5 pairs. Love you.

• 5 weeks later...
^thanks

Ive actually checked out Wester before, and the problem is that the materials are really thin , suit pants -like. If they show up in some kind of denim, even light, I´ll be all over it.

I know for a fact that she made some of stretch denim last season. I even tried some on when visiting Sweden.

Second on the Kato. Check http://www.bomberairport.co.uk/pants.htm

I dont own any but have seen them at The Library - shop in west London - and they looked and felt very nice.

The Kato cut is basically just like the Sugarcane Okinawa cut, with a shorter rise and a slightly less anti-fit seat. THe models I've seen anyways. I've got a pair, and I actually love them, but they're not dropped crotch or high rise.

The Kato cut is basically just like the Sugarcane Okinawa cut, with a shorter rise and a slightly less anti-fit seat. THe models I've seen anyways. I've got a pair, and I actually love them, but they're not dropped crotch or high rise.
Ah, I see. I guess I got that impression from the very low back pockets on some models (and just read your post on ringxring ;))