joey_formal

Maison Martin Margiela

a person that works at staff int'l told me that they have a hefty design team employed for their brands (viktor&rolf, kokosalaki, westwood red label, margiela, dsquared) and it's not unusual that designs from one label overlap into another, in this case black gold

how does margiela footwear fit? i want to cop the velvet sneakers but its a US11, and i wear US 11.5 in most other sneakers. Any ideas?

Are the MMM leather shoes worth it? Cost about 355 Euros on Oki -Ni, Kinda wanna get it

how does margiela footwear fit? i want to cop the velvet sneakers but its a US11, and i wear US 11.5 in most other sneakers. Any ideas?

I usually wear a sz11.5 and got a sz45 in for margiela sneakers. Fit is perfect.

Are the MMM leather shoes worth it? Cost about 355 Euros on Oki -Ni, Kinda wanna get it

You're paying for the design of the upper and the brand name obviously. The tooling is over 30 years old and from adidas...

i think mmm shoes are very well made. they might look like they are 30 year old army sneakers but they are leather lined and construction is great. same goes to dress shoes. if you like the style, they are always worth it.

i think mmm shoes are very well made. they might look like they are 30 year old army sneakers but they are leather lined and construction is great. same goes to dress shoes. if you like the style, they are always worth it.

and EEEXTREMELY comfortable (the army trainers)

Margiela has left the label according to nytimes. Guess it wont change taht much now anyway

Margiela has left the label according to nytimes. Guess it wont change taht much now anyway

margiela left the label many years ago.

i've always thought it funny all the talk about him leaving the label, did he ever officially proclaim he was the sole designer? It was always left rather vague.

Yeah but sounds like he wont have any influence at all any more...

ahhhh i remember those ss08 soft deck/jazz shoes, i used to live in my blk/wht lace ups...

tresbienshop stocks the classic army sneaker they made some years ago.

here is a pic of the old ones by freecat:

img2956g.jpg

and those are the ones tresbienshop stocks:

2770093-rescaledpic-375x565.jpg

is the suede on the newer ones lighter or is it just the lightning what makes them look different?

Prob lighter (greyer), you don't notice any other differences because there is an important one?

I tried the margiela perfume the other day and it smells like soap.

I tried the margiela perfume the other day and it smells like soap.
it does but it smelled a lot better on my skin

^

yeah I was hoping it would transform on my skin after I sprayed it on my wrists but it just kept smelling very detergent-y.

I thought it was pretty good considering how small the space was. Just wish the upper level was more fluid, the adjoining rooms felt a bit pushed aside. But the middle level was wonderful. Definitely miles better than the SHOWstudio exhibition they had in the same space!

just out of curiosity did anyone get those painted margiela jeans that came out last year. the concept of painted jeans kinda sparks my interest so i want so see what some time would do to them.

If they're anything like the legendary "Painter" jeans by Helmut Lang from '98 (which were a silicone, and not true paint), then the paint will come off eventually-- not just by washing, but with wear.

Like the Helmut Lang label, MMM has lost its spark now that the man himself has left the house.

i just want these. or will i just look like a douchebag robot?

martin-margiela-mono-glasses-00.jpg

You will get sick of them after a week or two... They're the type of design that looks great in editorial-- but in reality, grows tired very quickly: Like Hedi's infamous Napoleon jacket-- supreme design, but how many times would you wear it really? It's more a showpiece.

Spend a bit more and get a more classically-designed pair of sunglasses. You'll wear it longer and will look less like a fashion victim.

mmms.png

if anyone cares about current margiela stuff

here you go