joey_formal

Maison Martin Margiela

anyone know what season the great coat with the pyramid stud detail is from? All wool single breasted great coat, almost military with studs all over. Saw one @ C21 in brown, shoulda bought, was like $250, probably could've gotten down another $100 cause one of the sleeves was about to fall off...

^ but i think the first few issues are already out of print. that's what majority of the bookstores tell me.

theres the online edition they're re-releasing monthly on amagazinecuratedby.com!

i need from the undercover issue up. need veronique branquinho. need riccardo tisci. martine sitbon meh. kva meh. proenza schouler meh.

How to get A magazine???

it pops up on ebay once in a while but

they usually fetch ~100USD.

There's a page in the undercover book

It's some guruguru tshirt customized by Margiela

fucking sick as hell

^ oh my oh yes.

mmmtm.jpg

this is dope as well. hermes customised by juno.

page71.jpg

sometimes i wish i had such luck like the other time i stepped into a local sundry store and saw the no.c by chalayan magazine and no. b by bernhard magazine for just SGD$5 each...

but true, best bet is ebay or y! japan... only if youre willing shell out that much or a magazine.

^The fuck? Where? Asylum? Thrift store?

Actually it's really just one of those money exchange outlet that sells random magazines. Mama shop, literally, at a suburban shopping mall.

Basheer has the KVA and Proenza Schouler one now but Kinokuniya sells them the cheapest.

edit: Checked Kino during lunch, they jacked up the price to SGD39.90. Sneaky people.

Margiela Sans Margiela

LAUREN MILLIGAN 03 October 2009 0 Comments

AFTER months of whispers surrounding his future within his eponymous Maison, Renzo Rosso has confirmed that Martin Margiela is no longer directly involved in the designing of the label. Unsubstantiated whispers have suggested Haider Ackermann could be set to take the reigns, but Rosso insists the new direction lies in a new team.

"Martin has not been there for a long time," Russo told WGSN. "He is here but not here. We have a new fresh design team on board. We are focusing on young, realistic energy for the future; this is really Margiela for the year 2015."

Rosso, founder and owner of Diesel, bought a majority stake in Maison Martin Margiela in 2002 and remains involved in both companies today.

vogue.co.uk

sad sad news.thanks for the find though

who cares if margiela isn't there anymore for a few years now, it's still the best name out there. whoever is the "maison" right now, their doing a pretty damn good job.

haven't seen them in the us yet. low version of moto boots from f/w 09

hey,

need info on this shoes

25920178.jpg

price?

Any chance anybody here has a Margiela hook-up for footwear for men and/or women?

If so, please PM me.

do you the gum soled margiela sneakers (ala replica/german army models) run large like the the CP/lanvin/faf soled margiela sneakers?

i'm a true 43 - need to know if i should size down on the replicas like i do w/ CPs.

will rep.

no, they run true to size. i'm 41 in cp and 42 in german mmm. (i even have a pair of 43 that works for me with an insole)

whats the biggest size in sneakers?

no, they run true to size. i'm 41 in cp and 42 in german mmm. (i even have a pair of 43 that works for me with an insole)

thanks, man. that's exactly what i firgured (and wanted to hear).

will rep when i can!

my gum sole high tops are true to size, (i wear 41 in them and i'd take 40 in CP)

they carry a few sz46 sometimes.

otherwise, they run true to size.

I have the impression that Maison Martin Margiela and the designer of Diesel Black Gold collection are somehow linked to one another. Their designs are similar.

maybe...or maybe black gold is just straight copying collections like it has been doing for the past several seasons since its creation?

its probably a combination of both

the fact that black gold was solely created as a cashin on goth ninja and future/minimalist stuff through very very close copies

and also im pretty sure diesel unfortunately acquired margiela sometime in the early 2000s