Maison Martin Margiela

joey_formal

i think the tabi shoes were made only for the womens collection. however, there was a season in which he did it in the white/black canvas sneaker style and also a wellington boot version of the tabi shoes. those i may consider to be quite unisex as the normal tabi boots that were produced then had a very high, thick heel that was supposed to resemble the actual circumference of the human heel but stacked up.

if you ask me, i find the current variations of the tabi, especially the one with the stiletto, to be quite ugly.

mmm does produce mens shoes. you should be able to find it online here.

Thanks for the insight dude. For some reason ebay seldom have nice MMM leather shoes preferably in my size but they have tons of his sneakers. Some time back some Italian vendor was selling MMM shoes at not a cheap price including the one with the Union Jack on the front. Of course there is always Yoox.

The bricks and mortar MMM shop I go to seldom have nice leather MMM shoes if at all.

As for Tabi, I think thats freaking cool and would love to have one. Maybe I can get it made bespoke although I think the technique is difficult. BTW any idea how to wear it? Is the crease between the big toe and the 4 other piglets. But then since the crease is in the middle, it would mean there would be a big gap between big toe and the crease and the end of the shoe.

Thanks for the insight dude. For some reason ebay seldom have nice MMM leather shoes preferably in my size but they have tons of his sneakers. Some time back some Italian vendor was selling MMM shoes at not a cheap price including the one with the Union Jack on the front. Of course there is always Yoox.

As for Tabi, I think thats freaking cool and would love to have one. Maybe I can get it made bespoke although I think the technique is difficult. BTW any idea how to wear it? Is the crease between the big toe and the 4 other piglets. But then since the crease is in the middle, it would mean there would be a big gap between big toe and the crease and the end of the shoe.

i guess it all depends on luck of the draw when it comes to ebay. some really nice ones show up now and then. i particularly like the white overpainted boots/shoes that mmm produces as the paint cracks up with repeated wear and tear. i find that to be quite charming.

the tabi is actually very comfortable. i own a pair of the white canvas hi-top sneakers from the womens line 6 and there is reasonable spacing between your big toe and the other toes. but i usually get strange stares whenever i wear them. personally, i find the tabi shoes to be very comfortable. i dont know if you can custom made the split for a regular shoe. it would definitely take some sort of skill.

i guess it all depends on luck of the draw when it comes to ebay. some really nice ones show up now and then. i particularly like the white overpainted boots/shoes that mmm produces as the paint cracks up with repeated wear and tear. i find that to be quite charming.

the tabi is actually very comfortable. i own a pair of the white canvas hi-top sneakers from the womens line 6 and there is reasonable spacing between your big toe and the other toes. but i usually get strange stares whenever i wear them. personally, i find the tabi shoes to be very comfortable. i dont know if you can custom made the split for a regular shoe. it would definitely take some sort of skill.

Ermm, are you a dude or dudette?

I have been observing ebay for MMM mens leather shoes and I dont see nuts.

The usual mainstays is that leopard print pony hair monstrosity and that white black ostrich skin that looks like a bowling shoe gone wild. The overpainted shoes sounds cool but I prefer my work shoes to look smart and not something that I have been wearing for decades.

Anyway I noticed someone was selling or sold a MMM jeans that is a fusion of denim and cords ala Jeff Goldblum and the fly in David Cronenburg's flick. Would get it if it was my size. With stuff like that, who needs 0 10. Speaking of that, ebay just had a 0 10 which was a painted over Levis. Too bad its too big for me.

Ermm, are you a dude or dudette?

I have been observing ebay for MMM mens leather shoes and I dont see nuts.

The usual mainstays is that leopard print pony hair monstrosity and that white black ostrich skin that looks like a bowling shoe gone wild. The overpainted shoes sounds cool but I prefer my work shoes to look smart and not something that I have been wearing for decades.

Anyway I noticed someone was selling or sold a MMM jeans that is a fusion of denim and cords ala Jeff Goldblum and the fly in David Cronenburg's flick. Would get it if it was my size. With stuff like that, who needs 0 10. Speaking of that, ebay just had a 0 10 which was a painted over Levis. Too bad its too big for me.

im a dude. ive seen and know quite a handful of dudes with the sneaker version of the tabi (in white/black). they also come in other monstrosity of colours (yellow, red etc) after the diesel buy out.

i saw that patchworked jeans on ebay. it is a tad funky for my simple tastes. haha. but i would say that the price is a good catch.

i saw that patchworked jeans on ebay. it is a tad funky for my simple tastes. haha. but i would say that the price is a good catch.

Nah. Its in black and you cant really see its a cord/denim hybrid unless you go up close. I think its a nice piece which will impress those in the know. Its certainly better than those high priced but funny looking MMM jeans with patches and pockets all over the place.

im a dude. ive seen and know quite a handful of dudes with the sneaker version of the tabi (in white/black). they also come in other monstrosity of colours (yellow, red etc) after the diesel buy out.

Looks like I gotta keep an eye out for the tabi sneaks, If I cant get the leather shoes.

MMM should come up with women's tabi pants with insertions into orifices front and back for that camel toe effect front and back. That will be awesome.

BTW any ideas whether MMM sell that split toe boots or preferably shoes for mens?

Think it will be cool if I wear that to office someday especially in brown cow colour. Mooo.

mm23_large.jpg

mm12_large.jpg

how abt these mmm shoes as a clean, sleek dressy option? you can get it here. they may look a tad generic but the shape is nice. i havent seen these in real life but looks decent online.

^I saw those shoes at Lane Crawford on sale the other day.

Really nice shoes IMO.

The leather is very soft.

I was really tempted, but the price $330 even at sale was a bit too high for me.

I really appreciate the rounded front shape, as more and more designer opt for a more pointy aesthetic.

^I saw those shoes at Lane Crawford on sale the other day.

Really nice shoes IMO.

The leather is very soft.

I was really tempted, but the price $330 even at sale was a bit too high for me.

I really appreciate the rounded front shape, as more and more designer opt for a more pointy aesthetic.

Lane Crawford? Dont recall seeing them sell MMM shoes. Damn!

how abt these mmm shoes as a clean, sleek dressy option? you can get it here. they may look a tad generic but the shape is nice. i havent seen these in real life but looks decent online.

Thanks for the heads up but nothing really special about them shoes.

I noticed Ebay has the tabi sneakers but they are only for ladies.:(

is that a post-diesel thing? i've definitely seen 0/10 at several stockists, granted this is prior to the deal / the existence of freestanding boutiques / people referring to margiela as mmm.

diesel ownership dates back to 2002, and renzo strictly provides $$ towards the brand. martin is said to have 100% control over everything from design to distribution, so i doubt that has anything to do with anything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
mm23_large.jpg

I have these ones, the quality/build/finish is amazing, but I've never worn them since it's been so cold/wet/snowy. They're shoes for tango dancing or something.

I guess they'll probably look better slightly trashed.

• 1 year later...

well I wore something similar, although not as shiny, a few days ago. A rubber-ish legging, with a dress jacket. Got some very funny looks from people.

Alas, Amsterdam isn't London, but, more importantly, I don't have legs like that journalist's :-(

Those leggings look sick with the purpleish leather MMM zipup boots. $3500 bottom half, I'd complete it with $2 uniqlo socks.

My legs are so skinny though, that leggings would be kind of baggy on me still.

i think the tabi shoes were made only for the womens collection. however, there was a season in which he did it in the white/black canvas sneaker style and also a wellington boot version of the tabi shoes. those i may consider to be quite unisex as the normal tabi boots that were produced then had a very high, thick heel that was supposed to resemble the actual circumference of the human heel but stacked up.

if you ask me, i find the current variations of the tabi, especially the one with the stiletto, to be quite ugly.

mmm does produce mens shoes. you should be able to find it online here.

I can get authentic Japanese tabi shoes for $50 + shipping.

Black, white or navy.

PM

• 2 weeks later...