Maison Martin Margiela

joey_formal

a person that works at staff int'l told me that they have a hefty design team employed for their brands (viktor&rolf, kokosalaki, westwood red label, margiela, dsquared) and it's not unusual that designs from one label overlap into another, in this case black gold

• 2 weeks later...
Are the MMM leather shoes worth it? Cost about 355 Euros on Oki -Ni, Kinda wanna get it

You're paying for the design of the upper and the brand name obviously. The tooling is over 30 years old and from adidas...

i think mmm shoes are very well made. they might look like they are 30 year old army sneakers but they are leather lined and construction is great. same goes to dress shoes. if you like the style, they are always worth it.

and EEEXTREMELY comfortable (the army trainers)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought it was pretty good considering how small the space was. Just wish the upper level was more fluid, the adjoining rooms felt a bit pushed aside. But the middle level was wonderful. Definitely miles better than the SHOWstudio exhibition they had in the same space!

• 1 month later...
just out of curiosity did anyone get those painted margiela jeans that came out last year. the concept of painted jeans kinda sparks my interest so i want so see what some time would do to them.

If they're anything like the legendary "Painter" jeans by Helmut Lang from '98 (which were a silicone, and not true paint), then the paint will come off eventually-- not just by washing, but with wear.

Like the Helmut Lang label, MMM has lost its spark now that the man himself has left the house.

i just want these. or will i just look like a douchebag robot?

martin-margiela-mono-glasses-00.jpg

You will get sick of them after a week or two... They're the type of design that looks great in editorial-- but in reality, grows tired very quickly: Like Hedi's infamous Napoleon jacket-- supreme design, but how many times would you wear it really? It's more a showpiece.

Spend a bit more and get a more classically-designed pair of sunglasses. You'll wear it longer and will look less like a fashion victim.

• 1 month later...