Maison Martin Margiela

joey_formal

anyone know what season the great coat with the pyramid stud detail is from? All wool single breasted great coat, almost military with studs all over. Saw one @ C21 in brown, shoulda bought, was like $250, probably could've gotten down another $100 cause one of the sleeves was about to fall off...

• 5 weeks later...

^ but i think the first few issues are already out of print. that's what majority of the bookstores tell me.

theres the online edition they're re-releasing monthly on amagazinecuratedby.com!

i need from the undercover issue up. need veronique branquinho. need riccardo tisci. martine sitbon meh. kva meh. proenza schouler meh.

How to get A magazine???

it pops up on ebay once in a while but

they usually fetch ~100USD.

There's a page in the undercover book

It's some guruguru tshirt customized by Margiela

fucking sick as hell

^ oh my oh yes.

mmmtm.jpg

this is dope as well. hermes customised by juno.

page71.jpg

sometimes i wish i had such luck like the other time i stepped into a local sundry store and saw the no.c by chalayan magazine and no. b by bernhard magazine for just SGD$5 each...

but true, best bet is ebay or y! japan... only if youre willing shell out that much or a magazine.

^The fuck? Where? Asylum? Thrift store?

Actually it's really just one of those money exchange outlet that sells random magazines. Mama shop, literally, at a suburban shopping mall.

Basheer has the KVA and Proenza Schouler one now but Kinokuniya sells them the cheapest.

edit: Checked Kino during lunch, they jacked up the price to SGD39.90. Sneaky people.

• 1 month later...
Margiela Sans Margiela

LAUREN MILLIGAN 03 October 2009 0 Comments

AFTER months of whispers surrounding his future within his eponymous Maison, Renzo Rosso has confirmed that Martin Margiela is no longer directly involved in the designing of the label. Unsubstantiated whispers have suggested Haider Ackermann could be set to take the reigns, but Rosso insists the new direction lies in a new team.

"Martin has not been there for a long time," Russo told WGSN. "He is here but not here. We have a new fresh design team on board. We are focusing on young, realistic energy for the future; this is really Margiela for the year 2015."

Rosso, founder and owner of Diesel, bought a majority stake in Maison Martin Margiela in 2002 and remains involved in both companies today.

vogue.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

Any chance anybody here has a Margiela hook-up for footwear for men and/or women?

If so, please PM me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

its probably a combination of both

the fact that black gold was solely created as a cashin on goth ninja and future/minimalist stuff through very very close copies

and also im pretty sure diesel unfortunately acquired margiela sometime in the early 2000s