BAPE stuff on eBay - all fake?

sluglicker

hi!

as you all know there is so much BAPE stuff sold on ebay...

people told me that most of this stuff is fake.

how can i identify those fakes?? and how can i identify authentic stuff???

some things have the hologram on the tag inside, other things come in the zip-bag,

most of the stuff has tags still attched...

i know most of you don't like bape anymore...but this is an other topic ;-)

s

"If you hold back anything, I'll kill ya. If you bend the truth or I think your bending the truth, I'll kill ya. If you forget anything I'll kill ya. In fact, you're gonna have to work very hard to stay alive, Nick. Now do you understand everything I've said? Because if you don't, I'll kill ya." (Rory Breaker)

not all Bape stuff is fake, I've sold most of my Bape goods, all of which were acquired legit in Japan at the Busyworkshop in Aoyama and Harajuku. trainspotters will usually be able to spot the differences between bootlegs and the real deal. some of the obvious fakes are the ones being sold as a mass produced item---like the Kaws Michelin Man/Bape Camo tees. you should also read the product description carefully or at the very least contact the seller and ask him some questions. If that doesn't work then go to different forums and ask around, people are generally very knowledgeable about this sorta thing. when i've sold my Bape stuff in the past I always made it a point to be as specific about the item as possible--ie.where I purchased the item, when it was made, etc. also, price is a good indicator if something is fake or not. most people who are selling authentic Bape goods won't sell them for under a certain price because they know it's in demand.

if they move, kill 'em.

Quote: read the product description carefully or at the very least contact the seller and ask him some questions

but nobody will say that the item he is selling is a fake...and everybody can say its bought at the busyworkshop in japan or london.

Quote: some of the obvious fakes are the ones being sold as a mass produced item

you mean all the tees that are shipped from thailand?

Quote: also, price is a good indicator if something is fake or not. most people who are selling authentic Bape goods won't sell them for under a certain price because they know it's in demand.

you mean people who are selling fake don't want to make much money?

s

stay away from all low-priced tees and gear on ebay. i don't know to stereotype but most of the stuff from HK and china is fake. be smart and shop with feedback ratings in mind. it's hard to tell which of the OLD bapestas are fake. the newer patent leather ones haven't been copied yet so those are a safe bet. and when all else fails... remember, if it's too good to be true, most likely it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Not all Bape stuff are fake. I am one of those who sell authentic Bape tees on eBay. I would advise, when in doubt, contact the seller and ask for more close-up pictures. From my personal experiences, if an item is fake, the seller will refuse to cough up the pics, or not give you a reply at all. Another way to determine (though not as reliable), is to check the description for the word "authentic". I have noticed that, in trainer auctions and tee auctions, dodgy sellers who are selling fakes will not put the word "authentic" in the description.

This is all random.......

• 2 weeks later...

great site xymon icon_smile.gif

it makes me laugh when you read negative feedback saying "you sold me fake dont buy from this seller rubbish" etc etc when they bought the BAPE T on "buy now" for like $9.99. icon_smile_dissapprove.gif

dunno if you have seen this but -

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/06/22/tiffany_sues_ebay

Tiffany sues eBay over 'fakes'

maybe Nigo isn't too bothered that there are sooo many fakes around?

anyhoot my first post hello to all icon_smile_big.gif

point.jpg

Edited by mr beama on Jul 20, 2004 at 02:51 AM

>it makes me laugh when you read negative feedback saying "you sold me fake dont buy from this seller rubbish" etc etc when they bought the BAPE T on "buy now" for like $9.99.

It makes me laugh when people are actually very pleased at their purchase, although it's fairly obvious they bought a fake. Well, I'm guessing that these people probably are kids (or their parents) or ppl like that. Or just plain stupid. The result? Like when you see kids walking around with $13 Louis Vuitton bags.

>maybe Nigo isn't too bothered that there are sooo many fakes around?

Whenever a brand is succesful or particularly popular, fakes are most certainly always produced. This happens to high-end brands (Gucci, LV) and more common brands such as Levi's (remember the 501's in the 80's-90's).

thanks for the site, welcome to the forum

i think someone told me about the news as well...

but its never gonna work [for now, anyway], theres just too many fakes and too many complicated and overlapping laws to ever get a lawsuit going on.

in my case, i've been in touch with the sneaker company and all they can do is have someone go through the auctions and such and inform ebay, yahoo to shut down auctions for fake products. it seems Tiffany is going the same way, putting staff members to spot these fakes. [maybe its the start of a new job avenue in the industry, LOL]

imo, it isn't gonna help much. the ease with which the fake sellers find an avenue to sell the fakes is too fast for the authorities to play catch-up.

i'm from asia, and i have a first-hand view of how far and wide they can penetrate the market. in the past months, i've also seen an explosion for the fakes sellers in US and UK and it looks set to stay

http://www.geocities.com/edvedsimon/bapeindex.html

• 1 month later...