Boots

ok

^I've had them for about a month now and love them. They're not really that warm and they look much better after the crepe gets dirty which almost virtually eliminates the contrast. They're probably my most comfortable boots too so I wear them everyday and I stomped all around NY in them for five days. They hold up pretty well to rain and all that good stuff as well as being able to dress them up a little. My only complaint is the crepe isn't the most durable as the front has started to separate a little but that might be how I wear them. Also be warned that the crepe picks up everything like almost like glue. I've had to peel off lots of stuff from the bottom but it's worth it.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd102/raschenck/alden_5.jpg

Anyone know where to get the one in the middle or the one on the right? I tried alden's webstore but cannot find them. What are they called?

Thanks

Here's a link if you haven't found them...

Alden of Carmel

Hey Tyler, I still want to see pics of those Crockett & Jones you picked up.

Anyone have an opinion on the crepe soled fleece lined boots at APC? Cheers.

im really diggin these...just tryin to justify spending 400+ on shoes right now and im not sure this would go well w/ my more cas workwear type stuff...but they look sweet

any idea on how APC shoes are sized? compared to say, varvatos?

Alden of Carmel

Hey Tyler, I still want to see pics of those Crockett & Jones you picked up.

Hey Calden

Sorry - have been absolutely paranoid about posting in this part of the forum since my attempt of last week (which I have to say genuinely put me off from posting again) so I have just been lurking here and contributing to other forums. But I am actually wearing the Crockett and Jones boots today and I love 'em so am pleased you'd still like to see a pic. I'll take one when I get home and definitely post it later.

Best wishes

T

Anybody here has any experience with corcoran jump boots? Or has a nice vintage pair? I know the fashiony combat boots are popular, but a nice pair of worn in jump boots can look great as well. Although maybe not as comfy/practical for everyday wear.

BTW, the fake philosophy bullshit in this thread is really bad. Maybe most people here fall for it an praise it cause it looks impressive if you are not used to these kind of terms, but to people who have some more in depth knowledge about these things you guys are just making fools of your selves. The way you are applying philosophical terms and knowledge does not make any sense. I am not at all interested in the argument or the points being made themselves, like traditionalism in the fashion industry and don't want to join the argument. (It was finished a week ago I guess anyway) But everytime someone on superfuture tries to apply philosophical terms in arguments they most of the time are not able to make it work. There are more people guilty of that on this forum. Anyway, I personally laugh about it, but I feel sorry for the people who think that arguments like that are truely impressive.

Hey Leonard,

I'm not sure if you're talking about the link I posted or not. Anyways, Alden of Carmel carries the the AF53 in Color 8 (same boot but without the toe cap), and the AF60 in black. If you only want the AF60 in color 8, I would try calling Alden directly, or maybe Alden or Carmel or Leather Soul Hawaii.

Alden of Carmel

Thanks Headcoat, I'll have to look into that. My next pair of boots is either going to be Alden's or those Tricker's you posted. Do you happen to know how much a custom pair would cost?