Boots

ok

anybody experienced or recommend an engineer boot? i'm considering the versatility of this style and options. thanks

xxk2vl4.jpg

Foot the Coacher

isxSwDC.jpg

Phigvel (In Horsehide)

You could try Supredenim, but they'll probably just all recommend Red Wing 2911s, or maybe Lone Wolf or something

Speaking as a bipartisan poster, I'd recommend something with a flat toe like the above, Lofgren, some Viberg, Mister Freedom Road Champs (if any are left), or Wesco with the motor patrol last.

If you wanna pick up betties at the hop, get more structured Vibergs, Wescos, White's, Red Wings, or Chippewa.

• 3 weeks later...

BJpE5gf.jpg

Thought these turned out all right. Hobo x Diemme.

Any boots similar to the beige one? Maybe with a slighly sleeker last as they look a little bit too round from the top but allright from this angle.

• 2 weeks later...

I really dig the guidi hiking boots. Reversed ones remind me of early nat geo reports trekking around mongolia. While the black ones are just pretty cool and almost a bit post apocalypse esque (and are for sale on here but not in my size  <_< )

reverse_bison_hiking_boot-1-364x548.jpg

IMG_0681_zps57bd88f5.jpg

• 1 month later...

There's a store I go to in Seattle that has a few pairs of great mid-century combat boots.

I'll have to pick up a pair next week when I'm there, someone remind me to post a picture in case I forget.

This seemed like an appropriate place to post this.

Red wing has a new store in Singapore.

I loved the Red Wing in Beijing.

Great stores.

• 4 weeks later...

G1PwDtS.jpg

Latest ebay find. Nike Air Max 360 combat boot was the listing's name for this shoe. Futuristic as fuck.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chelsea boots that arent SLP (http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/men/shoes-boots-signature-chelsea-boot-in-black-leather_cod44558969eq.html) but look similar and are cheaper. Feel pretty much overwhelmed by the huge number of options (clarks, h&m etc. etc. the list goes on). Which ones would be your pick?

bear in mind im a brokeboi

atm these H&M ones look pretty tastey http://www.hm.com/gb/product/14635?article=14635-B#article=14635-A

Edited by chavlet

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for a good chelsea boot I can have for awhile...specifically leather. I like the colorway of the Cole Haan Chelsea in the brown and tan sole but not a fan of the Nike Lunar integration. And maybe a bit more of a point at the toe? I've looked at Meermin, no luck. Jack Erwin should be dropping one soon but that's in black. Need some other brands or stockists that sell something I'm looking for or similar. 

Colorway example: Cole Haan

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thx

• 3 weeks later...

^ dope, but that texture/plush like upper reminds me of uggs. Of course the silhouette is another thing altogether, anyway...

stumbled on these browsing Y!Jp (procrastination FTW), apparently these are hippo leather. I'd post in the high fashion mountaineering boot but this seems livelier 

fg105_ippopon_02.jpg

Edit: also found an ostrich leather version, probably appropriate for thanksgiving and such

f-lli-giacometti-marmolada-ostrich-leath

Edited by FatCook

^ dope, but that texture/plush like upper reminds me of uggs. Of course the silhouette is another thing altogether, anyway...

stumbled on these browsing Y!Jp (procrastination FTW), apparently these are hippo leather. I'd post in the high fashion mountaineering boot but this seems livelier 

Edit: also found an ostrich leather version, probably appropriate for thanksgiving and such

there's a hiking/outdoor boots thread fyi

• 1 month later...