Boots

ok

I don't own any chelsea's, but I keep hearing good things about RM Williams...

http://www.bootsonline.com.au/default1.htm

RM Williams are hands down the best chelsea boots out there. Amazing quality to price ratio and great made-to-order options.

Order from Nungar instead of bootsonline:

http://www.nungar.com.au

I have a pair of Charles Tyrwhitts that i love. Should be just within your price range aswell.

If anyone's interested, I am selling these in a 10.5-11 (US) for a great price. PM me.

I know theyre overbudget, and the wrong color, but what the hell.

Dolce and Gabanna make some kickass ones (only chelsea boots ive ever liked) available on eluxury:

p11454198_ph_hero.jpg

http://www.eluxury.com/browse/product_detail.jhtml;$sessionid$CJ0C34MO2QS3CCRDSYOSFEQ?styleid=11454198&SectionID=7000#

RM Williams are hands down the best chelsea boots out there. Amazing quality to price ratio and great made-to-order options.

I also heard very positive things about RM Williams.

They're also one of the few companies who make whole-cut chelsea boots.

I got these in black:

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/NEIL+BARRETT/tskay/3FD17CD7/rr/1/cod10/440797663N/areaid/35/sts/searchResult

I love em, and the strappy thing comes off. Run about a half size long. The sole is leather with rubber tread so you can wear em when it rains and the leather is nice and soft. Made it Italia

I wanna get fat leather laces for them and see how it looks

I think wings and horns did a great job with those boots, at least by the pictures. I think they would have hit a home run if the boots cost, say, 3-4 hundred dollars.

Oh, and for anyone looking for fiorentini + baker boots, gimme shoes has a online shop now and they have a ton of the boots:

http://www.gimmeshoes.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=376dcaefd346fb83647a02280e209693

Crockett and Jones do some great black lace up boots and they're beautifully made. I always steer clear of fashion boots as invariably they don't last long and are not that well made.

Also, not being funny but why the hell would anyone want a pair of boots you can tuck jeans into for gahd's sake?!?! That's awful. A black pair of boots you tuck jeans into are called wellington boots as far as I'm concerned. Just because a look might look like it works on a catwalk for the 70 odd steps it takes to walk up and down it - it doesn't mean it looks so good on the street.

Come on guys - boots with jeans tucked in???! No no no

Check out Crockett and Jones. Would post pics but not entirely sure how.

Tyler - I wear my jeans tucked in and kinda like it. I've got a pair of pretty militant DKNY boots, dark brown, makes me a feel like I stepped out of hell when I wear them and ready to take anyone on. which probably isn't a great thing all the time.

If I tried to wear my jeans over the top, it would look stupid, I wear slim jeans so you'd see the boot trying to 'escape'.

But each to their own. Just don't give me a funny look when i've got them on cos i'll come and stomp on you :)

J

I think I'm gonna end up taking the plunge and picking up some Carpe Diems :( None of the other boots out there are doing it for me, sadly.

For those of you looking for distressed black boots, Marsell does some good ones and they're up at Yoox for cheap:

http://www1.yoox.com/searchResult/YOOX/MARSèLL/tskay/3FD17CD7/m/2619/toll/A/gender/U/areaid/148

Just picked up a pair of the black moccasins.

Tyler - I wear my jeans tucked in and kinda like it. I've got a pair of pretty militant DKNY boots, dark brown, makes me a feel like I stepped out of hell when I wear them and ready to take anyone on. which probably isn't a great thing all the time.

If I tried to wear my jeans over the top, it would look stupid, I wear slim jeans so you'd see the boot trying to 'escape'.

But each to their own. Just don't give me a funny look when i've got them on cos i'll come and stomp on you :)

J

Hey James

I don't want to be stomped on so I guess with skinny jeans it's ok (ish!)

I still think Wellingtons are the only boots that should have a jean tucked in if I'm honest. I wear skinny jeans sometimes too but rarely with a boot that won't hide itself nicely. That's where straight legged jeans come in (or dare I say it - bootcut!)

Love my Frye boots and my Crockett boots - maybe tomorrow I'll try them with the skinnies. Not the Frye boots though - I'll look like a pirate...

You should post pics

T

I think I'm gonna end up taking the plunge and picking up some Carpe Diems :( None of the other boots out there are doing it for me, sadly.

It sucks but I'm in the same boat. I've been sorta looking for over a year now for something to satiate my Carpe Diem desire for under $500, but nothing in that range is even in the same league.

Hey James

I don't want to be stomped on so I guess with skinny jeans it's ok (ish!)

I still think Wellingtons are the only boots that should have a jean tucked in if I'm honest. I wear skinny jeans sometimes too but rarely with a boot that won't hide itself nicely. That's where straight legged jeans come in (or dare I say it - bootcut!)

Love my Frye boots and my Crockett boots - maybe tomorrow I'll try them with the skinnies. Not the Frye boots though - I'll look like a pirate...

You should post pics

T

Tyler, a lot of the posters here are more fashion-forward, which means they will look more runway, less traditional menswear. Nothing wrong with that, in fact most traditionalists don't even have the comprehension to see beyond the "one best way", absolutist approach they were told.

Why? Please tell me the difference between Buttero and CDiem (if you've handled both in person). Please be more descriptive than "da leather is better".

I'm not saying they're better for everyone. It's just that I've always wanted a pair of Carpe Diems since I tried them on over a year ago, and ended up settling on the Buttero's as a kind of subsitute, and just not being completly satisfied. Does that make sense? The Buttero's are still very nice boots though, probably the nicest thing I own.

If you haven't all ready got those Buttero's from Barney's then you're screwed. They are out of them in every size except 13. If you know of someplace to get them besides Barney's , Please let me know so I can get a pair.

Why? Please tell me the difference between Buttero and CDiem (if you've handled both in person). Please be more descriptive than "da leather is better".

The Buttero boots are cut much more conservatively than the Carpe Diems. They look like Dolce & Gabanna work boots if you've ever seen those.. a much more dressier and modern boot whereas I consider the majority of Carpe Diems to be fairly oldscool and clunky.

To be specific, the toe of the Buttero boot is more of a standard shape (less rounded, almost chiseled) and the opening at the top is narrower. The Buttero boot is also a bit taller, has cotton laces, has a lower heel, and the leather is less flexible.

If you haven't all ready got those Buttero's from Barney's then you're screwed. They are out of them in every size except 13. If you know of someplace to get them besides Barney's , Please let me know so I can get a pair.

Are you going off their site or their store? I know the NYC store had a few in on Tuesday, as I tried on a size 10. Try calling a couple of the Co-Op stores around the country and surely one of them will be able to ship to you. They do CC orders by phone.

Gonna check in Dallas this weekend. I asked the fine folks at Barney's customer service to help me with that since they screwed up an order for the boots more than a month ago, but they said they don't do that.

I can't even explain how pissed I am that they took my order, charged my credit card and only after I called them (3 weeks after the boots were supposed to arrive) to find out what was going on, they tell me they are not in stock anymore.