Boots

ok

You can find Miu Miu for fairly cheap on eBay. Retail is fairly expensive.

Buttero (rarely), and Barbatos (rarely) on eBay for +/- $300.

Retail, Buttero is probably the cheapest of the lot - $300-375 for the basic black work boot at Barney's; $550+ for current season boots from the Buttero boutique in Tokyo.

NDC are comparable in price.

Alfredo Bannister for around $400-500 + fees thru one of the Japanese buying services.

Paul Smith, depending on the line/model are $500+ from my very limited experience.

At the high end are the Carpe Diem boots, which I believe retail for around $1200+ ... I think the Rick Owens are about the same (don't quote me on that).

• 2 months later...

err can someone put me on the right direction here... im looking for a pair of good natural colored leather boots that wil last me forever..( well not actually but a long time) i saw these at the zappo's site http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/8198126/c/6.html

those are harley's but i dont like that brand but something shorter maybe like 8 inches and has the same toebox and hell height and natural leather color.. price wise err prolly around 250 to 400 would be great.. thanks guys..please help me out..

I am another person looking for nice lace up boots.

Some of the boots in this thread are beautiful but also not affordable for me.

In a ebay store I have found some boots that I like by a brand called Collection Privée, that I really like and could pay for as well. But I don't know the brand or anything about the quality and such, does anybody know this brand or/and has experience with it?

The ebay store I am referring to is this: http://stores.ebay.com/Three-Different, they sell mostly womens shoes, but have some nice mens shoes as well. The prices seem ok as well.

slightly off topic but I just saw a pair of the buttero boots in person at a store (the black lace ups in the first post of the page) it had lots of scratches and scuffs on one of the toes. while I think it looks okay since they are work boots, I wanted to ask any buttero owners what they do to keep their boots (brown or black) looking good, do you use wax polish, leather conditioner, or other?

P.S. I got a pair of the Frye's (also shown on the first page) FS in supermarket. cheers

If your strapped for cash, you can find some nice fashion forward Type Z boots. They look similar to what you posted, but for less than half the price (especially on ebay). However the quality isn't anything to write home about and they take a good bit of leather conditioner to keep them looking nice.

This thread is doing terrible things to my budget.

• 2 weeks later...

The Buttero boots are great, I had a pair of the black work boots in a size ten but I need a 9.5 and barney's is sold out... I am bitter. On another note if anyone comes across a pair of black Buttero work boots in a size 9.5us please pm me.

The Buttero boots are great, I had a pair of the black work boots in a size ten but I need a 9.5 and barney's is sold out... I am bitter. On another note if anyone comes across a pair of black Buttero work boots in a size 9.5us please pm me.

??? They are European sizes, ie 41/42/43

??? They are European sizes, ie 41/42/43

They're listed in american sizing on the Barney's site, which is where I presume he's looking.

On a side note, any of you folks who've picked up the Buttero work boots, has anyone tried tucking their pants into the boots? Look decent? I need a pair of boots that I can tuck my April 77 suit and $375 is... relatively decent, I suppose. Hoping they go on sale.

They're listed in american sizing on the Barney's site, which is where I presume he's looking.

On a side note, any of you folks who've picked up the Buttero work boots, has anyone tried tucking their pants into the boots? Look decent? I need a pair of boots that I can tuck my April 77 suit and $375 is... relatively decent, I suppose. Hoping they go on sale.

I don't think you could tuck much into them. They fit pretty snug And I have really thin calves. Plus I don't think the style of the boot is compatible with tucking in. Disclaimer: I am not that fashion forward and would never be able to pull off pants tucked into boots so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Also you need to size down on these 1 and know that they are on the narrow side. This is great for me because I have really narrow feet also.

• 3 months later...

So I feel like talkin' about boots again. Mostly because they rock. Anyway, I love these by HTC. Which I think is Hollywood trading company, but i am not sure if they do boots.

0002sz7.jpg

from here: http://www.luisaviaroma.com/ecnew/Collections/SchedaProd.aspx?Outlet=False&CodStagione=46I&CodCollezione=L0A&CodArticolo=1

Has anyone seen them anywhere except LVR?