IC: Sugar Cane 40400N (Hawaiis) w. tab & arcuates :: 32x34

ordo

These are some of the greatest jeans ever. The Levis-style tab and arcuates are long gone now so if you ever thought of getting these, this may be your last chance. I just don't wear them so thought they should find a better home. Soaked but never washed with only about a month of wear.

Waist - 16.25"

Front Rise - 12"

Back Rise - 16"

Upper Thigh - 12"

Inseam - 33.75"

Knee - 9.5"

Leg Opening - 8.75"

Here is what ringring had to say about these jeans:

In terms of current production jeans, I find it hard to think past anything much better than Sugarcane's Hawaii's SC40400. It feels like the mighty Sugarcane company decided to flex their muscles and see what they could do to produced the most labour intense jeans possible.

Consider the following : natural indigo dyed cotton/cane yarns, selected and mixed to produce that amazing striated denim. Single stitched all the way, including hand felled seams (anyone who has a basic knowledge of sewing will know what that entails). Very dense stitch count, something you would look for on bespoke shirts, not jeans. Hand embroidered arcuates. Bound fly facings, making the inside of the jeans very clean (there's a tiny bit of overlocking on the hips).

I can post images of them if someone is interested. Here is an image from the History Preservation Society:

sc40400n_mont.jpg

SOLD.

Are these fully shrunk? What was the inseam before soaking?

I did an initial 2 hour hot soak and drip dry, and then just to make sure I did another 2.5 hour hot soak and hot dryer which put them where they are currently at. From what I gather, Sugarcane jeans should not shrink any more at this point. I also applied Obenaufs LP to the patch.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...