Visvim S/S 08

PAND

yeah, it looks great. can anybody make out a price for the nomad folk?

I've trying to but the pic is just too blurry. I would guess it would be more than the usual Nomad price of 60,900yen?

I like the new boxes, not as classy as white but still pretty cool.

Those are old boxes for the FBT CL. I think from SS04.

it's potentially old news but union nyc has the lhamo folk fbts in. 5 bills but they are the ultimate fbt, the striking thing is that everything unnecessary has been pared away from the design (other than the skirt) and it feels like you're wearing nothing aside from the support from the sole. pricey but totally insane.

union has every fbt that's been out from the past six months so you get the full range of naff holiday range, jokhang (affordable at 368, slightly strange recycled cardboard looking midsole), elk leather (460 or so) and the folks. it's kind of weird that they were supposed to be killing off the fbts in favor of the ancestor, guess they got that new coke / classic coke thing going on.

Guest Bazzie

Do the Lhamo-folk with the thicker sole run small? Im US10 in fbt elks witch are a tad snug but i can live with them. If someone can hook me up US11 black let me know.

PM me

FIL:

3/27(THU)

VS0000582 FLIXUS 00 clash-2

VS0000583 FLIXUS 01 clash-2

VS0000584 FLIXUS 02 clash-2

VS0000585 FLIXUS 03 clash-2

VS0000586 FLIXUS 04 clash-2

VS0000587 FLIXUS 05 clash-2

VS0000588 FLIXUS 07 clash-2

VS0000622 SMITHSON PANTS HERRINGBONE (GIZA)

VS0000640 D.SCOOP TEE L/S (LUXSIC)

VS0000642 D.SCOOP TEE V-NECK L/S (LUXSIC)

VS0000644 D.SCOOP HENLEY L/S (LUXSIC)

VS0000687 LITTLE LEAGUE SHIRT

VA0000131 VEGGIE WALLET

VA0000132 VEGGIE BANK POUCH

VA0000135 VEGGIE WAIST POUCH (LARGE)

VA0000136 VEGGIE WAIST POUCH (MIDIUM)

VA0000142 RESERVATION BELT

Do the Lhamo-folk with the thicker sole run small? Im US10 in fbt elks witch are a tad snug but i can live with them.

some people say they run a half size smaller than the elks but i wouldn't know because i'm apparently one of those half sizes that don't exist. plus i don't really go by these kinds of rules because feet vary in more than one way, you dig? i personally would never buy a pair of $500 shoes without being able to try them on first but i'm probably old fashioned that way

its on the side of the road that is opposite omotosando hills. Go into the alley where dior is. you'll reach the tumi luggage store, FIL is underneath it, entrance is around the back, you can smell the room candles. the superfuture map is correct.

I witnessed the magnificence that is the Visvim Folk today at Union LA. I must've looked like some sort of foot fetish perv as I was stroking each pair gently....softly. Hell, I think I might've even sniffed them, all while standing directly in front of the Union employees, and me being the only person in the store. My 5 minute rubdown of the shoes led me to believe that these are indeed B*A*L*L*I*N.

Visvim has suceeded in recreating the feel of mocassin leather, remarkably soft and with a texture I've never felt before on Visvim's shoes. The thinner sole also contributed to the overall lightness of the shoe. Unfortunately, the 498 dollar price tag reduced my state of footwear cumjaculation, to hella blue balls. This has been the gayest thing i've ever written about shoes ever.

yes the Folk FBT is great but I really wouldn't be sprouting it off to the degree many have.

The shoe is a cut above the rest, but entirely expected in my opinion. Perhaps the anticipated end result that surrounded the Folk collection fully meet my expectations rather then surpassing those who came in with a blank slate?

yes the Folk FBT is great but I really wouldn't be sprouting it off to the degree many have.

The shoe is a cut above the rest, but entirely expected in my opinion. Perhaps the anticipated end result that surrounded the Folk collection fully meet my expectations rather then surpassing those who came in with a blank slate?

Yea, I'd agree here. After reading the interviews and then hearing about the finished product, it's exactly what Hiroki Nakamura set out to do; recreate an authentic moccassin with a day to day urban wearability. Is Folk now a regular visvim product line, ala the G-Line? Or was it a one off thing for the spring season. I'd be really interested in seeing what kind of shoes they would come out with for FW using the folk philosophy.

I witnessed the magnificence that is the Visvim Folk today at Union LA. I must've looked like some sort of foot fetish perv as I was stroking each pair gently....softly. Hell, I think I might've even sniffed them, all while standing directly in front of the Union employees, and me being the only person in the store. My 5 minute rubdown of the shoes led me to believe that these are indeed B*A*L*L*I*N.

Visvim has suceeded in recreating the feel of mocassin leather, remarkably soft and with a texture I've never felt before on Visvim's shoes. The thinner sole also contributed to the overall lightness of the shoe. Unfortunately, the 498 dollar price tag reduced my state of footwear cumjaculation, to hella blue balls. This has been the gayest thing i've ever written about shoes ever.

Ha, I did the same thing when I was in a week ago. There were a bunch of fobs in the store and they just kind of looked at me funny. Couldn't figure out why I kept touching a pair of shoes (i don't think they r know what bisbim is)

Also, some girl was in the store and bought like 4 or 5 pairs for Linkin Park... Just thought that was kind of interesting.

Corned did you see any new backpacks when you were there? (besides the ballistic w/ red straps)

i guess there is no point now,

TED

more importantly though, how could you have recognized me w/o xiao ding dong?!

also, to keep this thread relatively on track...

vis9_home.jpg

Visvim x Number (N)ine

I'm not that knowledgeable about (N) pricing, but does this fall in line @ ~ $1300 USD, noting it is made of Gore-Tex.

however, I'd like to see Visvim ditch gore-tex for a better tech material... or perhaps the fact Gore is so well known amongst the non-educated makes it a big selling point.

bear foot only replicates most popular style of moc, ojibwe/menominee puckered-toe

nakamura needs to be schooled on moccasin regionalism

if the folk line ever release tribally specific models (hochungra, oneida, pointy-toe potawatomi, athabaskan mukluk?!) i'd be truly impressed, and would cop immediately for top dollar