Visvim S/S 08

PAND

just to throw in my 2 cents. i bought a visvim e-cat messenger at the FIL store in HK. the material of the ballistic nylon and elk leather was great quality. but after 2 weeks, the threading on one of the straps started coming undone. it wasn't like i loaded the bag with bricks or anything either. i just used it to carry normal stuff like an umbrella, ipod, and some guidebooks as i went around china and south korea. the guys at the FIL store were willing to switch it out but they had to have their buyer inspect the bag first and he wasn't coming until a week after i left HK. so i just had a seamstress repair the threading. it's good as new, but for all the talk of quality with visvim bags and paying about $350 USD, i expected more... not to have it fall apart after 2 weeks. you might be better off getting something like a tumi bag for work since its a better value and they have a lifetime guarantee.

Thanks - I decided to go with a TAD gear EDC pack instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought these over at Supreme Palace (SS 08 re-release). They're new and I assumed they would be authentic, as I've been under the impression that their non-used stuff is all legit...

DSC01262-1.jpg

Anyway, the tongues of the two shoes look very different (one is quite smooth whereas the other is pretty rough). To all you Visvim experts out there: is it normal that the leather on two shoes of the same pair differs that much?

Thanks.

Anyway, the tongues of the two shoes look very different (one is quite smooth whereas the other is pretty rough). To all you Visvim experts out there: is it normal that the leather on two shoes of the same pair differs that much?

i've seen the same thing happen with non-visvim suede sneakers, i would say this is more of a quality control issue in the manufacturing process. not that you can do anything about it, really.

Here they are. I am eager to find out if they released these in the light brown color.

hockneyfolkcalf.jpg

These were released in light brown as part of the S/S 08 folk series. I was able to get a pair, and they're currently my favorite shoes. The folk series in incredibly comfortable.

Bought these over at Supreme Palace (SS 08 re-release).

Anyway, the tongues of the two shoes look very different (one is quite smooth whereas the other is pretty rough). To all you Visvim experts out there: is it normal that the leather on two shoes of the same pair differs that much

well, as visvim leather is "natural un-treated", all the leather has its own unique traits, thus leather grain/ quality differs each pair.. yes?

well, as visvim leather is "natural un-treated", all the leather has its own unique traits, thus leather grain/ quality differs each pair.. yes?

That is true for many Visvim models. I'm not sure if that's the case with this pair though. It could be a production issue as someone mentioned earlier. After a few good wears, I don't think you'll really be able to tell the difference anyway.

Bought these over at Supreme Palace (SS 08 re-release). They're new and I assumed they would be authentic, as I've been under the impression that their non-used stuff is all legit...

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/nkliner/DSC01262-1.jpg

Thanks.

is it possible that these were for sale at a store? maybe the left shoe was the display shoe and was touched by more people than the right shoe.

is it possible that these were for sale at a store? maybe the left shoe was the display shoe and was touched by more people than the right shoe.

Maybe. I don't know as I bought them online.

It probably really does have to do with quality control. Browsing Yahoo! Japan I found the following picture which looks kinda similar:

354x354-2008051600202.jpg

These were released in light brown as part of the S/S 08 folk series. I was able to get a pair, and they're currently my favorite shoes. The folk series in incredibly comfortable.

The were available in light brown at FIL 3 weeks ago

I went to Union L.A. this weekend. They had a decent selection of Visvim shoes, clothes and bags. A lot of stuff on sale too. Here's a list of what I saw:

Shoes: FBT Jokhang in brown and sand, Keifer Hi Patala in white/green, black/blue, brown/yellow, Kiefer Hi Mayan in black, white and navy, Logan deck lo and Logan lo canvas, the lama sandal, a couple of the neighborhood collabs in black and some past season models.

Clothes: most of the S/S 08 button ups like the Welded, Shigatse and Mayan, beautiful lug and Mayan tees, seersucker Giza shorts, pants and jackets, a lot of goretex jackets, a lot of pants and fluxus denim, past season tees and shirts on sale.

Bags/other: white, black, olive ballistic e- cat, 20, 25 and possibly a 55 (most of the bags were hung high on the wall, so I couldn't really tell), veggie pen case and bi-fold wallet, subsection candles and room spray.

That's all the Visvim stuff I remember, but I'm sure there's a few things I missed.

Off the topic, they also had some Neighborhood, WTAPS, OriginalFake and Nike SB (even that crazy "Buzz Lightyear" bag).